power commander and the 07 fjr

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s.ga.rider

Reaction score
I have owned my 07 for about 2 months now and have to say that it has some of the worst fuel injection of the 18 bikes I have owned. I have did the jumper mod, tbs and a g2 throttle. It still has a bad low rpm surge and has some adrubt on off throttle response. Would a pc make a difference? I have read the 06/07s were bad with the fi and I want to get it smoothed out. I checked the main harness and no corrosion and the battery terminals look good. I am going to disconnect them and clean them any way just in case.

Yes,do it. My '07 had a terrible om-off response which made the bike almost unrideable. I got the PC 3 and a custom map

and WOW! what a difference. The fuel consumption went up,but I wouldn't go back.

I have an 06 and I had a PC3 and it helped, I got less MPG, got ride of it and tried the Barbarian mod, it helped a little but still got the off throttle surging, now I have a PC5 with autotune, I had it on the dyno it ran great, 125.80 HP @ 168 MPH, I downloaded the trim to the base map. Check out Fuelmoto.com for the PC5 they have the best price. I also have the G2 throttle tube and did the unwind of the throttle return spring.I feel it's worth the few MPG for a smoother throttle.

Last edited by a moderator:
An easy search would have netted you Gixxerjasen's excellent thread and my own '07 experience here. I would put the link to my post only I am not smart enough to know how. Look under technical discussions Thread titled "PCIII or V" . Go with the PC V from fuel moto, tell them what you have, what mods you have or are going to have and they will take care of it.

Our '07 runs better, eliminated the snatchy throttle, runs cooler and gets better fuel mileage with the PC V . I feel like a dumbass when I write this because it all sounds too good to be true. Fuelmoto downloaded their map for our unmodified bike and we are more than completely satisfied.

Make sure the ECU recall was done on your 07. They were unridable before the recall. Mine is smooth as silk, and get 48MPG at 5500 feet elevation

All the recalls have been done. What kind of fuel mileage difference are you getting? Im averaging 42mpg now but I would sacrifice a few to smooth it out. I also did the trooper mod to the exhaust and I think that made the slight miss more noticeable just because of the extra noise. I was hoping to use the money for some slip ons but it looks like I will be pickng up a pc.

All the recalls have been done. What kind of fuel mileage difference are you getting? Im averaging 42mpg now but I would sacrifice a few to smooth it out. I also did the trooper mod to the exhaust and I think that made the slight miss more noticeable just because of the extra noise. I was hoping to use the money for some slip ons but it looks like I will be pickng up a pc.

Please go look in the Technical Discussions section, look up my Thread PCIII or V and read it to the end. I would paste the link here but I am too stupid to know how. I need to learn. I cover what problems I had, what I did and what it solved. Again, our mileage got better. Gixxerjasen's thread was better, he had pics but he installed a III while I went with a V. Good luck.

I even bumped my thread so it's at the top now, easy to find.

If it does not work for you, ride over to Louisiana and kick my behind for misleading you. I'll grill up some redfish, serve you a beer or a decent cup of coffee and if you are still mad we can go outside and discuss it. I can only report what I found, it seemed too good to be true, but we are happy right now. I have been told in another thread that the PC-V can be had cheaper and that FuelMoto does not actually install their own map. Again I don't know, but if that is the case they were able to Bullshit me pretty good. I am something of an expert in the art of Bullshitting so that is really saying something.

Best of luck,

Andrew

If it wasnt so far I would ride over and take you up on that redfish and beer whether the pcv worked or not. I have seen them a little cheaper other places and if I can download maps from here I will do that.

I think I read this on another post but to be sure, the pcv for the 09-11 bikes works on the 06+ bikes?
You can also read it here:

https://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommanders.aspx?mk=28&mdl=119&yr=2006&pc=419&mk-n=Yamaha&mdl-n=FJR%201300&pc-ver=411&prod-type=Powercommander%20III%20USB%20(Discontinued)

PCIIIUSB NotesNote: Powercommander III USB Discontinued for this model. Replaced by Powercommander V shown above. Maps and listed accessories for the Powercommander III USB are still available, see product listing to the right.

I have to wonder where you guys got your bikes. My 07's throttle is a little abrupt, but it's nowhere near "unrideable." Make sure your throttle cables are adjusted correctly as that made the abruptness even less.

I dont have a stiff throttle, low speed surging (whatever that is) or missing. Maybe I just got lucky.