Power Commander for 2007

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
Local Yami dealer ordered a Power Commander for a 2006 and the bike sale fell through. They are offering the PC to me "at cost" for $250. They assure me that it is the same unit for the 2007.

Will it work with the '07?

Is this really a good deal?

Anybody already put one on an 07 and can say how much real difference it makes?

Jeff,

I can tell you that it made a difference on my 06. It smoothed the bike tremendously. I suffered some noticeable surging through the power band. The PCIII eliminated it completely. I paid $260 or so to Sportbike Effects so $250 is a good price. As far as I know, the 06 & 07 are mechanically the same. The PCIII in comb w/ a full exhaust system is tits and beer. Just think twice before investing in a Muzzy system until they work out the clearance issue. That's my current battle.

I see that Cobra is now offering the "FI 2000" product for FJRs. I wonder how this option compares?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, dealership was wrong. They had ordered a PC for 03-05 and are now stuck with it. Anybody interested? They want $250 for the PC, new in box.

Local Yami dealer ordered a Power Commander for a 2006 and the bike sale fell through. They are offering the PC to me "at cost" for $250. They assure me that it is the same unit for the 2007.
Will it work with the '07?

Is this really a good deal?

Anybody already put one on an 07 and can say how much real difference it makes?

Dynatech told me the PCIII and stock MAP were unchanged from '06 to '07. My bike's been on the PCIII for a couple hundred miles and have run it up to only 4000, but torque is very linear and it will pull from a stop at idle. Throttle response was more abrupt than stock until I disconnected the oxygen sensor at connector on right side of bike about 1/2 way up, easy to trace from pipe. The main harness plugs are very neatly tucked away in the top of the engine bay and you have to clip a couple nylon ties to get enough slack to install the PCIII plugs. Installed the PCIII on edge at the back of the rider's under-seat storage area, which leaves room for the pump.

Not having dynoed before and after, I can't quantify the improvement this unit makes on the '07, but I find it noticeable on mine.