Power Commander/G2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garywayne

Reaction score
I just bought an 07 and have about 1300 miles on it so far. The throttle on it pretty much feels like my now gone ST1300 except for one thing. If I am say coming out of a turn and going fairly slow then start uphill and give it the gas slow and easy nothing happens for a second then it hits pretty hard. Is this some of the problems others are having? So far thats all I've noticed as far as a problem with the throttle. It is somewhat off/on but so was my ST. Does the G2 tube fix that? Just what would the Power Commander do for me? I've searched and read some of the past post but I'm still confused.

Thanks

Gary

I also have a low-mileage 07 that had what I thought a too sensitive throttle at low speeds. The G2 cured this for me, and makes the bike more rideable around town. I added a PCIII at 500 miles as well as the smoothness map and noted a better mid-range "pull". I haven't had the bike on a dyno as yet, so I can't give you any specs, but by the "seat of the pants" dyno, the bike ran much smoother at mid and high ranges.

Hope this helps. I feel sure that you will get a lot more input from others.

I added a G2 to my 07 in order to smooth out the addition of power in both low speed and normal cornering. It is my opinion that the G2 was successful in obtaining this goal and it was easy to install.

+1 on the throttle cable. Mine was exactly like yours when I got it. I added the G2 throttle pulley and it helped some . I added the grip puppies and that helped some. I had the shop take out all the freeplat in the cable down under the tank and now the throttle modulation is perfect. Very smooth, you get abit of gas as soon as you start to give it some throttle. Before they adjusted the freeplay you could move it about an inch before anything happened. Real scary around turns/curves.

Glenn

Thanks to all. I'm going to order the G2 in the morning. I just did the Barbarian mod (will see this weekend if I can tell anything). I'm going to adjust the throttle when I get the G2 and see what happens. If I think I need more I'll order the Power Commander.

Gary

Thanks to all. I'm going to order the G2 in the morning. I just did the Barbarian mod (will see this weekend if I can tell anything). I'm going to adjust the throttle when I get the G2 and see what happens. If I think I need more I'll order the Power Commander.
Gary
Yeah Gary, I think you will be thrilled with the G2. This throttle tube gives you a lot more very fine throttle control as you just begin to twist the throttle, you will notice this a lot more when coming into a corner and just getting back on the throttle. The biggest issue is with the tube is you have better control over your desired throttle input and will definately remove the abrupt throttle input as you start out from a dead stop. But for the $52.00 or what ever the cost is, it's definately worth it.