Power Commander Install on 06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camera56

Reaction score
Friends

I have received but not yet attempted to install the PCIII for the 06. Jeff at SportBike Effects and I have been going back and forth on this one. Here's the issue . . .

The instructions mention nowhere the need to disconnect the 02 sensor as detailed in the Warchild post on FJR tech. I've looked at the instructions on in the box and on the web site. The instructions say that the unit is shipped with a "map for a completely stock bike . . ." The powercommander site, however, lists two maps,

M419-000 - Zero Map

M419-001 - Stock exhaust, Stock air filter, Stock O2 sensor disconnected

Both of these are active links for downloads. Do i assume that the installed map on the unit is the 000 Zero map? If so, I assume that there is no need to disconnect the 02 sensor. If that's the case, I'm assuming there is some reason for the 001 map. But what is it?

So do I install as per instructions and leave the 02 sensor as is, or do I download and install the 001 map and disconnect the sensor?

If you have a stock setup,I'd say you need to download the second map and disconnect the o2 sensor.

If you don't dissconnect the o2 sensor it will not function properly.

In answer to my own question, and just to get this in the record . . . The PCIII for the 06 comes with the 001 map installed. I have just recieved email from a tech at PowerCommander that this is the case and that the 02 sensor does indeed need to be disconnected. No word from them as to why this little detail is not pointed out in the installation instructions.

In answer to my own question, and just to get this in the record . . . The PCIII for the 06 comes with the 001 map installed. I have just recieved email from a tech at PowerCommander that this is the case and that the 02 sensor does indeed need to be disconnected. No word from them as to why this little detail is not pointed out in the installation instructions.
Do the FJR Tech instructions for disconnecting the 02 sensor work for the 06?

That's my assumption and what i've been told. I'm going to get after it this weekend.

That's my assumption and what i've been told. I'm going to get after it this weekend.
OK, I installed the PCIII on my 06 today. The O2 sensor connector on my bike is black with four wires: Red with black stripe, gray with white stripe, black with blue stripe, and black. The rest of the instuctions worked as advertised. I took it out for about 75 mile test run and all I can say is :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Runs smooooooooth!!!