Power Commander Source

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZrider

Reaction score
I've looked at the Power Commander III and wanted to poll the group for a preferred source. Price is somewhat important but I would like some tech support if needed.

Also do I need the Oxygen Sensor Eliminator Kit, Product ID #76423005 (sold separately)?

Thanks!

AZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff at BikeEffects... With the forum discount I'm sure it's very fairly priced. You won't get better service either.

Jeff at BikeEffects... With the forum discount I'm sure it's very fairly priced. You won't get better service either.
Renegade is right....you must weigh service as well as price when buying.....you want someone that will stand by the product they are selling if there's a problem....& BikeEffects will do that..... :good: ....

"Also do I need the Oxygen Sensor Eliminator Kit, Product ID #76423005 (sold separately)?"

I am fairly certain you don't need that. On the 03-05 models, you just unplug the O2 sensor during install.

I'm sure if you search a little, you can find install info and pictures on an 06-07. I don't recall anything about an 02 eliminator kit.

That would be Jeff at www.sportbikeeffects.com/

Use the FJR Forum discount code found in the Vendor area of the forum.

The oxygen sensor is simply unpugged from the wire harness on the Gen-2 FJR.

That would be Jeff at www.sportbikeeffects.com/

Use the FJR Forum discount code found in the Vendor area of the forum.

The oxygen sensor is simply unplugged from the wire harness on the Gen-2 FJR. It does need to be disconnected for the Power Commander to do its thing!

Just got mine from https://www.morepoweracing.com/ (More Power Racing is an authorized Power Commander Dealer as well as an Approved Power Commander Tuning Center) for $260 delivered. No other kits or parts needed. I learned 2 things, 1) The O2 disconnect plug (06&07) is a 4 wire black connector near the TPS and not like what is shown at https://www.fjrtech.com/getdbitem.cfm?item=11 but about the same location. 2) You can't program the unit on the bike with just the key on because the fuel rail is only powered for 5 seconds. (one phone call to More Power fixed this) use the 9 volt battery adapter (comes with PC) to power the unit while you load the map. I am using the Wally/Holeshot combo map and it is a definite improvement. :yahoo:

I had a similar problem with an exhaust port on an earlier model. I unplugged the oxygen sensor but forgot to disconnect it as well, this caused the PCI (very basic model) to malfunction and leave the exhaust port exposed to passing squids in Naboo Starfighters. Caused the collapse of an entire death star......really pissed me off.