Power Commander V with Autotune on a Gen 2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaosbandit

Reaction score
Today I added a Power Commander V with an Autotune to my Gen 2. I now officially have a bike you can plug a laptop into!

Here's a couple of notes that may help others going forward.

The Power Commander V (PCV) was a cake install. All the difficulty came with the Autotune. The Dynojet O2 sensor is taller than the OEM O2 sensor. The extra length makes the wires right at the end of the sensor come in contact with the lower fairing bracket. I took the bracket off and used a bench grinder to take about 1/8" off on the rounded side. Then I smoothed it up with some emory cloth. Worked like charm and the bracket will still function properly.

I played around with routing the wires a little and then I placed the Autotune next to the PCV. I used the supplied velcro to mount the boxes.

d03a17a1-071d-4860-ab11-bf9af03ee9f8_zpsa80f9542.jpg

The next challenge was to get power to the Autotune. Dynojet included some posilock connectors, but I do not like to modify the factory wiring on any of my bikes. The wire Dynojet suggested was the blue wire feeding the tail light. That is the wire I used, but I made up a harness for the Autotune so I didn't have to mod the factory wires.

You will need some Ideal bullet connectors. I found mine in Lowes in the low voltage section. I am sure Home Depot would have them too. The cool thing is the factory bullet connectors for this wire are the same size!

You can find the blue power wire behind the left hand side silver cover with the "FJR" on it. Get some red and black hook up wire and cut about 2"-3" of each. Strip it back. I cut my Autotune wires to length. Probably about a foot was able to be cut off. Now crimp the Autotune wires and one end of the hookup wire into the male bullet connectors. Then crimp the female bullet connector to the other end of the hook up wire.

Now you can put your Autotune inline with your tail light power and your factory wiring will remain unmolested!

It will look something like this:

b2c78899-1c56-4bd8-a9fa-589b450999cf_zpscaac5417.jpg