Power outlet install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyahouse

newbs need the forum
Reaction score
Finally took the plunge and installed two power outlets, one on each side of the bike. I wanted to purchase some inexpensive marine outlets, and finished the whole project for about 15 dollars including an inline fuse. I know most forum members don't mind spending a little extra for premium outlets, but I wanted to try a low budget install. Anyway, I wanted to find a place to put them where they wouldn't interfere with anything inside the cowl. It was a challenge finding a spot on my Gen 1, but this location works pretty well with about 1/4" clearance all around (inside the cowl). The vertical section of the panel should help with moisture issues as well. Though this location requires that the outlets be removed prior to taking the panel off, it's a 30 second process to remove the outlets. One thing I learned: it sure is crowded under those four black panels.

IMG_4301.jpg

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
So where'd ya get 'em? Part #'s? Enquiring minds want to know.
You asked about part numbers and where... I bought 'em at a local shop where they sell boats and supplies. Part numbers: sorry, not sure. Again, these are nothing special. I visited a couple different marine supply stores, the units they sell are about the same price and configuration, in other words it should be no problem to find these just about anywhere. They run like 4-6 bucks. The important part of the post was that I wanted to try to do this on a budget. The reason I took the pics was to show the location. Since I had such a difficult time finding a place where they'd fit, I figured I wasn't alone.
Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator: