Powerlet install on 05 ABS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
I installed a Powerlet socket on my 05 with ABS. The ABS has quite a bit more stuff to work around than the bike shown in the manufacturer's directions. So I thought somebody might benefit from some pics.

P0000823.jpg

Powerlet outlet position on right side panel. I used a 5/8" spade bit to drill the hole. Just a little working it around and it easily made a nice 11/16 hole. I don't see the need to spend the bucks for a special 11/16 hole saw.

P0000820B.jpg

Here's the space where the outlet sits into.

Note red arrow pointing to the allen screw on the black bracket. I placed the negative lead for the Powerlet outlet harness under the bracket, between it and the frame. Makes a great spot for getting a negative (ground) connection.

Note the blue arrow pointing to a wire. This is where I tapped into 12v for my radar detector. There's a relay module there that has one leg that goes hot (+12V) when the ignition is turned on. I soldered my positive lead for the radar hard wire harness into one side of the spade connector and then placed it back into the connector body. It's a good spot to get switched 12v without worrying about current drain on small contacts etc.

Last edited by a moderator: