Powerlet Rapid fire heated gear Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blrfjr

Reaction score
Ive just purchased the Powerlet rapid Fire heated jacket liner and matching glove liners. (They havnt been delivered yet). I want to use these on my dualsport as well as the Feej. I have a FZ1 fuseblock on the Feej so hooking up there is no problem.

My question is, Can I conect the controller straight to the sae connector (battery tender) and if so, what do I need make the conection? The battery tender conecter is NOT fused. I bought the dual wireless controller. Is the controller fused(inline)? Powerlet sells a SAE to Coax male or female. Im going on a weekend ride next weekend so time is of the essence right now. Hoping to have all the peices I need here asap. Whatcha think? Anyone got this stuff? Thanks for your help

IIRC - The rig comes with a direct to battery harness with the 4mm coax; fused at 15amp (Jacket @ 105W + gloves @ 26W)

Don't remember the gauge of their harness, but match or better it if so marked.

And keep the 4mm coax connector inline near you for dismounting before disconnecting (DAMHIK)

I have the same thing. The 15 Amp fused power lead is terminated with just a pair of rind end connectors. It is made to connect directly to the battery.

If you want to connect to your unfused SAE battery tender harness, you will need to cut off the ring connectors (no more warranty), and splice on a SAE connector (get the polarity right!). You can go back later and buy an aftermarket battery harness with a coax end fairly cheaply.

Last edited by a moderator:
...just purchased the Powerlet rapid Fire heated jacket liner...
Just how quick after turning it ON does it burst into fire?
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
They also call it Microclimate....... Powerlet marketing. All I'll say is that shit is very expensive.... I'll stick with Warm & Safe.

They also call it Microclimate....... Powerlet marketing. All I'll say is that shit is very expensive.... I'll stick with Warm & Safe.
Yes, that Atomic skin pricing is outrageous. Their prior product (Rapid Fire) has/is on sale as a package with the jacket liner, glove liner, and dual wireless controller.....cheaper than Warm & Safe. It's at a store close to you in Brantford.

Thanks for the replies. I bought from ebay and the jacket liner and controller were $180 and the glove liners were $75. Thats about half of what it costs 2 years ago. The rapid fire branded stuff is getting hard to find unless your a size small. If your on the fence you need to jump!
bike.gif