PR2's and just about everything else sold out?!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bungie

FrostBack #2 - IBA # 44620
Reaction score
My current set of PR2's are all but done for so I've been trying to get a replacement set from Petes Superbikes (which has, by far, the best prices in Canada).

First order, he was out of stock on the fronts so I ordered a Metz Z6 Interact. Got a refund in the next day because the Z6's are out of stock.

Second order, substituted an Avon Ultra II. Next day, refund, out of stock on the Ultra AND now the rear PR2. In between orders, he sold his last PR2 rear.

I've been calling around to the dealers who don't seem to have any in stock either. Those that say sure no problem I ask if they have stock. Well no, but we can get them over night. I ask them to call to their supplier. Nope. Out of stock.

Any suggestions for a high mileage tire? I've got a trip to NH/VT coming up, and an EPIC circle the continent trip coming up in Sept. I may just have to go for the car tire option (in fact I should, lots of slabbing).

My current set of PR2's are all but done for so I've been trying to get a replacement set from Petes Superbikes (which has, by far, the best prices in Canada).
First order, he was out of stock on the fronts so I ordered a Metz Z6 Interact. Got a refund in the next day because the Z6's are out of stock.

Second order, substituted an Avon Ultra II. Next day, refund, out of stock on the Ultra AND now the rear PR2. In between orders, he sold his last PR2 rear.

I've been calling around to the dealers who don't seem to have any in stock either. Those that say sure no problem I ask if they have stock. Well no, but we can get them over night. I ask them to call to their supplier. Nope. Out of stock.

Any suggestions for a high mileage tire? I've got a trip to NH/VT coming up, and an EPIC circle the continent trip coming up in Sept. I may just have to go for the car tire option (in fact I should, lots of slabbing).

This might help ya decide..

1999-12-31002001.jpg

:jester:

This might help ya decide..
1999-12-31002001.jpg
Yup, I know. I can get a modified brake arm and a tire from a local guy for a $100.

You really should wash off all that Lanolin off your bike though.

(Side note: I had to make sure Lanolin came from sheep so I googled it. The autocomplete on google also came up with "Lanolin Nipple Cream" WTF! I ain't clickin' that)

Why Steve? It's just pictures of me showing how to properly apply the stuff. ;)

Soon as it rains the old girl will get a bath :p

Have you tride Derby Cycles.net?

Dave

If you want to ship 'em here I'd be willing to get them to Ripley.

That is if Tom will allow me in those parts again..

Update #2:

Shelby from Derby called me back. Shipping via USPS will be $90. I told him to go ahead. Considering I can't seem to get them at ANY price up here, and the dealers, if they COULD get them want $575 for the set. Still a screamin' deal!

Thanks muchly Dave!

Looks like the set I am giving away at NAFO will be a hot item!

Last edited by a moderator:
That sux, Steve, I guess the riding season is ending early for all the tire guys and they don't want to stock up/restock? Anyway, I hope this doesn't bum you out, but USPS/Customs/Canada Post will take about two weeks..... I just want to warn you in case that doesn't meet with your required time line.....

That sux, Steve, I guess the riding season is ending early for all the tire guys and they don't want to stock up/restock? Anyway, I hope this doesn't bum you out, but USPS/Customs/Canada Post will take about two weeks..... I just want to warn you in case that doesn't meet with your required time line.....
Ya, I've ordered a pile of stuff from the states via USPS. 2 weeks is about average - although I've had things come through in about 5 days before as well. My front tire is okay for the Green & Whites. My back would be marginal for it. Thats 2 weeks. My OTHER trip in Sept. I'll be running a car tire on the back and the new front will be toast by the time I get back.

Ya, I've ordered a pile of stuff from the states via USPS. 2 weeks is about average - although I've had things come through in about 5 days before as well. My front tire is okay for the Green & Whites. My back would be marginal for it. Thats 2 weeks. My OTHER trip in Sept. I'll be running a car tire on the back and the new front will be toast by the time I get back.
Even though it has already shipped the other option would be to have them shipped to someone nearby for the G&W who has a tire changer. Skip down a day early and put them on. If I had thought of it sooner you could have had them shipped to me. I would have gladly changed it for you. You could have saved a ton of denaro to boot. You may want to consider that next time around. Jump the border and I am sure some feejer folk would be more than willing to help you out.

Dave

what about Metzlers?

Edit: nvmd

I'm heading to the Gatlinburg area tomorrow, and will be receiving my front PR2 I ordered from rockymountainatv (must have gotten the last one) I scored it for $88.19 (95.19 shipping inc) with the discount code!!!! I love the USA!!

I might have bothered with the rear but had I know I could have picked up and extra set for you.....sorry, my bad.

I am also picking up my Michelin Exalto a/s for the rear................once it's home I'll officially be another darksider (I returned the Bridgestone potenza)

I guess that would've been the ideal solution but I was in to much of a panic just to get the damn things. I've been taking it easy with the mileage the last couple of weeks which turns out was a good thing. The Green & Whites ride will be 3000km so I should be okay.

I"m going to have to read the darkside faq to figure out what tire to run though. My buddy sold his FJR car tire and he's not sure what he did with the brake stay.

I guess that would've been the ideal solution but I was in to much of a panic just to get the damn things. I've been taking it easy with the mileage the last couple of weeks which turns out was a good thing. The Green & Whites ride will be 3000km so I should be okay.
I"m going to have to read the darkside faq to figure out what tire to run though. My buddy sold his FJR car tire and he's not sure what he did with the brake stay.
I am sure I can help you with that if he doesn't find it.

Dave

What about other 2 compound tires that other manufacturers are offering. Anyone tried an alternative to the PR2