Preferred Service shops; Western Washington ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrMung

Reaction score
As a proud new owner of a 2007A....I will be in need of a good, quality bike shop for this machine.

Yes, I can change oil, filter, check tires, do the fairly simple stuff.....but

I would like to leave the rest to a trusted servicer who knows these bikes very well.....

Do any of you folks in the area have a preference for service ? Near me is Skagit Powersports, Cycle Barn, Adventure Motorsports, Lynnwood Motoplex, Ride Motorsports, etc....

Thanks in advance for the input....Really !!

Dave M.

Marysville

I'm sure there are a few of us in the area that would be happy to help stretch your maintenance $$. Add immediately, changing plugs, TBS (I've got mercury sticks), brake /clutch fluid changing, spline lubing and fork service to rattle off a few.

You'll find that with a service manual, most of the service items are fairly easy to accomplish.

BTW, I haven't found a dealer yet so I'll be looking for the same when the time comes.

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
University Honda / Yamaha. No contest. https://www.hondabikes.com/ in Seattle. Call Nikko. He runs the service department. A great guy who gives a shit. The mechanics have always done a good job on my bike, including putting in Hyperpro suspension and other miscellaneous farkles. Good coffee shops nearby if it's just a drop off. Four stars.

I have bought 2 ducs and my FJR from EMS in Bellevue. Most of the people there I like a lot. The person I didn't like was the prior service manager, as he seemed to be on a commision, trying to sell me stuff and give me lines like "If you put that Remus exhaust on, it will void your warranty, instead, give me $2500 for the ducati fancy exhaust". Well he's now gone, so now I can say I like everyone there. They got my new ECU right away, just asked them once. Did the throttle release trick for me at no - charge while doing my 600 mile service. They have tech nights where they provide free food and soda, and then take you into the shop with the mechanics who show you step by step how to do things, such as adjusting the fibre timing belts on the ducs.

Kurt

I have bought 2 ducs and my FJR from EMS in Bellevue. Most of the people there I like a lot. The person I didn't like was the prior service manager, as he seemed to be on a commision, trying to sell me stuff and give me lines like "If you put that Remus exhaust on, it will void your warranty, instead, give me $2500 for the ducati fancy exhaust". Well he's now gone, so now I can say I like everyone there. They got my new ECU right away, just asked them once. Did the throttle release trick for me at no - charge while doing my 600 mile service. They have tech nights where they provide free food and soda, and then take you into the shop with the mechanics who show you step by step how to do things, such as adjusting the fibre timing belts on the ducs.Kurt
Good to know. Have stayed away from EMS for the past five years due to sub par work and high prices. Nothing like the old Bellevue Suzuki/Ducati.

Mark Sutton always made my 900SS purr after a tune-up!

I use Renton Motorcycles, but that is probably a little too far south for you. I would stay away from Lynnwood Motoplex. I think that some others on the forum have had some dealings with Adventure Motorsports. I talked to their sales when I was looking for a new FJR and they were reasonable to talk to, but I can't give any feedback on their service department.

Eric

As a proud new owner of a 2007A....I will be in need of a good, quality bike shop for this machine.
Yes, I can change oil, filter, check tires, do the fairly simple stuff.....but

I would like to leave the rest to a trusted servicer who knows these bikes very well.....

Do any of you folks in the area have a preference for service ? Near me is Skagit Powersports, Cycle Barn, Adventure Motorsports, Lynnwood Motoplex, Ride Motorsports, etc....

Thanks in advance for the input....Really !!

Dave M.

Marysville

My choice is Adventure Motorsports in Monroe. Keep going back for great service. On site cafe. Service folks even bought me lunch when the job went only a little over what they had estimated. Avoid Lynnwood Motoplex.....service or sales....sales staff I encountered have some serious ethical issues.

Thanks everyone !! Some great input. After some suspect experiences at Lynnwood, and Cycle Barn, my suspicions may be accurate.

The Monroe shop sounds encouraging, as does the Eastside (close to my work) and Seattle shops.

Thanks again