Premier Cycle Access

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Two Wheel Nut,

Will this work with the PCA "FJR TopBox Rack"? Does this hardware just bolt onto the plate? Its alot cheaper ($18) than Jagermiester suggestion for the E250 Givi Adaptor plate ($60).

I have the SW-Mototek plate but its to far forward for my SO to be able to lean back onto the backrest. This is why I want to get something else. Will the PCA rack work for my SO?

What a fine mess I got myself into!!!!!!!!

TIA

Maybe try to PM OHFJR. He is a member of the forum and is Premier Cycle Accessories although I haven't seen him posting lately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody bought the PCA rack with Givi adaptor palte? I want to buy one but are concerned with the amount of room for my SO. I have a V46 with backrest so needed to know if this will give the SO room? I had the SW-Mototech and had to return it.

Comments?

TIA

Rob

Hi Two Wheel Nut,
Will this work with the PCA "FJR TopBox Rack"? Does this hardware just bolt onto the plate? Its alot cheaper ($18) than Jagermiester suggestion for the E250 Givi Adaptor plate ($60).

I have the SW-Mototek plate but its to far forward for my SO to be able to lean back onto the backrest. This is why I want to get something else. Will the PCA rack work for my SO?

What a fine mess I got myself into!!!!!!!!

TIA
That $18 kit will work with the new sport touring rack II. I am thinking about getting the new rack as I have a V46 from my FZ1 that I want to use but I am unsure how sturdy it would be with a fully loaded top case.

I recently purchased the Premier Cycle Accessories FJR Topbox Rack and the Givi E250 mounting plate. I liked the Topbox rack because it is fitted to match the exact size of the Givi mounting plate and gives an excellent appearance that does not detract from the great lines of the FJR. I personally like the appearance of the Givi E250 mounting base over a bare metal rack with attached button bolts and a pyramid clamp. When ordering it was my understanding that only the PCA small and large Sport Touring Racks version II did not require the Givi E250 mounting plate to mount Givi top cases.

I mounted the E250 mounting plate in the forward mounting holes of the topbox plate and attached a Givi E460 (with Givi backrest pad). While in the garage (weather sucks) my wife and I sat on the FJR and gave it the comfort test. She stated that the passenger room was good. Not to name numbers but my wife is average sized. We recently sold a VStrom DL1000 that used the same E460 case and she said the passenger room was outstanding on the FJR in comparison. This was good news as the PCA FJR Topbox Rack has another set of mounting holes so the E250 mounting plate can be moved further rearward for more room if desired.

On a side note as luck would have it, I came onto a great deal for the Yamaha topbox and now the PCA rack and Givi E250 mounting plate are back in the box. They never saw a single run and are for sale in this forum's "for sale" area.

How much weight will the tail of the FJR safely support? I have heard of incidents of cracked rear sub frames. I am undecided between the new PCA sport rack II or the Givi mount, I would like to retain the stock passenger handles.

How much weight will the tail of the FJR safely support? I have heard of incidents of cracked rear sub frames. I am undecided between the new PCA sport rack II or the Givi mount, I would like to retain the stock passenger handles.
You'll be o.k.

Either keep the stock grab rails and buy an adapter plate, or buy the Givi replacement for the grab rails.

Latest posts