Premier Cycle Sport Touring Rack Review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Bones

Reaction score
I bought a Premier Cycle Sport Touring Rack for my 2004 FJR in June 2010, replacing the stock rack.

It was easy to install, and required only minor technical skills. I have found it very useful becuase it provides a nice flat surface to place my briefcase on, held down by a bungie net.

In addition, for long trips, my tent, tripod, cooler, mattress pad and sleeping bag all fit, bungied down by the same net. It's a good item to have for those seeking more storage solutions and it has multiple holes to allow the hooks of the bungie net to latch into.

I also added the paint protector which prevents items from slipping forward onto the passenger seat. Handy to provide a brace for the items.

Nothing has been damaged in thousands of miles of higher speed driving!

www.pcaforu.com

Check it out, it may work for you!

The stock tail piece on the FJR is pretty useless, but I suggest you consider a pair of Rok Straps to augment that bungee net. Very safe and secure, available all over. I'm not sure how much weight a typical bungee net can be counted on to hold down.

Last edited by a moderator:
ROK Straps are the cat's meow! I use them all the time with my PCA rack...usually hauling two 12 packs of Dew on the way to work each week. They hold bags very securely and have handled the occasional antique the wife's found during our weekend cruises. Very simple and quick to deploy and use. :D