Preset Shield Opening Lever - Shoei

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaelaria

Reaction score
OK, I can't figure out how this thing is supposed to work - or maybe it works as designed and it's just not as useful as I think it should be.

When I flip it down to 'open', all it does is pry the visor up a mm or so. Is that all it's supposed to do, just barely move it? Reading the horribly translated virtually useless instruction booklet, it reads (to me) like you are able to preset it to flip open to various positions.

If it's indeed working correctly - is it only to do with anti-fog, nothing to do with actually raising the visor?

Thanks

Yeah, it's just to keep it from closing all the way, for anti-fog purposes, I assume.

I prefer my Respro Foggy face guard to a frozen nose.

I thought it was a windshield lock? The little do-hickey on the left side of the faceshield?

Yes there is also a lock position. Now I think I understand it. It's not for opening the shield, it's to prevent it from closing all the way! They really could have named it better. 'Open' simply means it won't fully seal on the rubber. 'Closed' means it will. It's not for lifting the shield to open it. I was thinking it was a quick release to pop the sheild up (which would be handy considering how much ratchet tension is on the shield).

Thanks!

Yup, it's a keeper upper or downer depending on setting. Mine fell off, so I no longer have to concern myself with such trivialities.

(exits, leaving door wide open)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought the pin lock fog system for mine and now i do not have to crack the shield, this is great.

besides I did not like having to try and open then close the shield while riding

Did anyone notice that with the bikes windscreen in the up position the face shield on your helmet clears of fog almost immediately? I have a Shoei RF-1000 and with the windscreen on the bike down the helmet shield will remain foggy but with it up it clears right away. Must have something to do with the way the wind is being directed over the top front vents in the helmet.