problems getting my racing905 bars

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KhromalusionaL

Reaction score
Guys,

Has anyone else had problems getting your order from Racing905? I placed my order by phone 2 week ago and was told they would ship out end of the first week. I live in Washington so shipping would be 3 days max. My card was billed but no product shipped! I have called them every day and the run around i get is it will ship that day. That was 4 days ago! All i want is the bars. Very fustrating. Sorry just venting.

Last edited by a moderator:
*sigh* - reports on dealing with them vary. As I understand it, they are a race shop, so much of their focus in on that side of things. Also means they tend to be out a lot.

I called on 3 separate times, left messages, and never got any return calls. I'm guessing they simply don't want the business.

Not knockign them, as it's their business to run. I'm voting with my feet - I'll look elsewhere up to and including having something fabbed locally. It's more expensive this way, but at least I'll get what I want, when I want it... assuming the shop I choose delivers... ;)

It took about five weeks (and from what I can tell, a personal inquiry from a fellow FJR forum member) to get mine to ship. I sent several emails without any response, and didn't see any real movement from them until I threatened to do a charge-back via my credit card company. They charged my card almost immediately after my purchase.

I am going to do a write-up about the bars, the installation, and the consumer experience on my blog when I get back from my next motorcycle trip. The short story is: between the installation problems, customer service, and issue with the bars contacting the road before the foot pegs I can't recommend them or their product to anyone.

Has anyone else had problems getting your order from Racing905? I placed my order by phone 2 week ago and was told they would ship out end of the first week. I live in Washington so shipping would be 3 days max. My card was billed but no product shipped!
I paid for some back in February and I'm still waiting. If I get some I'm going shopping for a fuel cell....

Last edited by a moderator:
They make a set of crash bars for the FJR. I am going to call today. If they have not shipped i am canceling the order and demanding they charge back my card. If toecutter ordered his in feb and still hasn't seen them something is really wrong with that!

They make a set of crash bars for the FJR. I am going to call today. If they have not shipped i am canceling the order and demanding they charge back my card. If toecutter ordered his in feb and still hasn't seen them something is really wrong with that!
I've had great experiences with 905 although I've had to send many reminder emails to get things rolling.

They did, for example, take my return of the bag protectors & replace it with a new set of front ones when I asked.

Not the quickest on shipping, but Stephanie has been extra cool on working w/ me & I certainly dig the bars..

--hellcreep

Toe's issue is a little different. He needs bars for a Gen 1 bike which are different and they don't or haven't had enough time with a Gen 1 bike to get them finished. (as I understand)...

The bars are typically made to order, when ordered. They don't generally stock them, although they did make a bunch of sets at once for the group buy. My understanding is those are gone.

They are a small shop, they race, and are out traveling to shows _a_lot_.

I have talked to Steph/Adrian about shortening the bottom piece by 1/4 to 3/8's and that should take care of any issues with clearance. You can drag them... I did on the Dragon but that's the only place and you need to be riding way harder than you should be riding on the street to make that happen.

That being said, if you're not happy, contact them. They will take care of you.

Stephanie Celiceo <[email protected]>