Problems with throttle lock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrfyghtr

Reaction score
Does any one recognize this throttle lock? What brand is it? When it locks it is great, it is solid and holds forever. But it doesn't lock most of the time. It may be heat related, the hotter it is the less it locks. It was on the bike when I bought it so I don't know what it is. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

throttle%2520lock1.jpg

throttle%2520lock2.jpg

It's a Brakeaway. I have the same setup (including The Grip Puppies!). It needs adjustment. You can download instructions for model #6CB02 here: Instructions

Edited becuase I can't friggin' type!

Last edited by a moderator:
Same experience with the Brakeaway that used to be on my bike...worked great in the garage, less so on the road for whatever reason (probably just a poor adjustment). I ended up pulling it off during some other work I was doing and put a Vista Cruise in its place.

I trashed that POS and got a "Go Cruise" which is a much simpler clip type device that rests against the brake lever. That's about the only throttle lock that's worked for me in 10 years, including things like the Throttle Rocker.

There are two adjustment screws underneath. Loosen them, squeeze the front and back together and retighten. I had the same problem with mine till I performed that adjustment.

Shag

I bought mine from another forum member, followed the instructions during installation to get it adjusted right, and it works great no issues.

There are two adjustment screws underneath. Loosen them, squeeze the front and back together and retighten. I had the same problem with mine till I performed that adjustment.

Shag
This is good advice... exactly what I had to do also (per the instructions).

Last edited by a moderator: