Product Report-Meguiars Tech Wax

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another plus noted for this stuff is how nicely it works on the black plastic as well. Even hid remaining white wax spots here and there on the a-d panels etc. Works well on the windshield, bugs slide off with a wet cloth and the slippery surface remains.

Radman,

Got my Tech Wax, used it, everything you said is true. I love this stuff.

thanks,

MO

in my best Snoop Dogg voice,,,,

""it's the shizzle my shnizzle""

lived in LA, San Diego, Coronado and Seal Beach

I had been using Rain Ex wax,, thought it was slippery,,

now I know the real deal :haha:

Last edited by a moderator:
Got sum last night. Good stuff. Deep, reach into shine and slick-as-snot feel. Smells nice and fruity too. I wonder if it can double as a dessert topping?

Got sum last night. Good stuff. Deep, reach into shine and slick-as-snot feel. Smells nice and fruity too. I wonder if it can double as a dessert topping?
Uh...no.

That would be Fluckers.

let's see who gets that one. ;)

Zaino is another great product.
Another fan of Zaino here... It's a lot of work to get it to shine like the NXT (takes several layers) but it lasts a LOT longer.

I've used the NXT on my cars too and have been very impressed - initially. After a couple of days the extreme shine tends to die down very quickly.

Now I don't know if this is fact or not, but I've read that the NXT is an "oily" wax that makes it look super-shiny immediately but that the oils dry up pretty quickly. That was the case on my car. The car looked amazing the first day but after a day or two it looked just "ok".

Again, no hard data to back up this assertion but from what I've observed it seemed to be an accurate description of the product.

Been using the NXT since it was introduced and my 05 FJR hasn't seen anything else since delivery last August and over 16000 miles ago. You think it makes the Galaxy Blue look good, you should see this stuff on my 97 Black Cobra. Can you say better than new car finish?

With its ease of application and removal, it's almost a no brainer to use it everytime you clean the FJR tupperware. Haven't used it on the windscreen yet, but if the Radmeister says it works good, that's all I need to hear.

For cosmetic bike care, I'll occasionally wipe the bugs off the headlights and windscreen.

Mmmh...that chicken talks way too much...and to the wrong people, too.

He issa gonna sleep wid da fishes tonight :bubba:

Mmmh...that chicken talks way too much...and to the wrong people, too.
He issa gonna sleep wid da fishes tonight :bubba:
It's not so much that the chicken talks that would bother me, it's that the chicken sleeps around.

I tried the paste wax version of NXT on two cars today and noted an odd effect. After a thorough shower (I worked up a sweat....SE Texas was pretty hot today) I still had an NXT smell to me, and "tasted" the odor in my mouth. Pretty potent oils, I'd say!

Cars looked as good as they have in quite a while, but I don't have a good baseline to compare, as I only wax them about once a year. I applied a thin coat with a buffer, toweled it off when dry and then used a buffer cotton pad to shine.

I bought both the NXT paste and liquid to try. If you've tried both, do they give about equivalent shine?

Bikes are next in a couple weeks, as I'm off on a business trip tomorrow.

Got to go with Zaino products. If you want a fantastic show-car shine and you want it to last, this is the one. One of my brothers's businesses is a detail operation for show-quality cars, race boats, etc. At his insistance, I tried this Zaino stuff. I expected the great shine...had heard his staff rave about it for some time...but had no idea it would last so long. This is the feature than impresses all those folks that regularly review these type products. One word of caution, however. Pay attention to the directions concerning application. This stuff is to be used SPARINGLY. When you think you can't possibly be using enough, reduce that amount by one-half. When applied appropriately, it is a dream to work with. Put it on too thickly and a heard of crazed elephants can't buff it out

I used to own a detail business in the 80's (big hair and everything, tough to vacuum up). I finally had to let my herd of crazed elephants go. Too many peanut shells in the cars on the way to deliver back to the dealer. Let your brother be warned....