Protective gear for kids

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpres62

Reaction score
I have a 10 and 12 y/o kids that want to ride with me. What proactive gear do you put the in and where do you get it at?

That should say protective gear. My iPhone was helping me spell.

That should say protective gear. My iPhone was helping me spell.

Um....where do you get your gear? Have you checked there?

I'm thinking you'd put them in the same gear as YOU have - presuming you ride in ATGATT (full-face helmet, armoured jacket and pants, boots, gloves)

Perhaps I missed something in your question: 'what do you put them in and where do you get it ? ' :blink:

Take a look at Tourmaster, they make gear in women's XS. IIRC, BMW also makes kids gear.

Good luck with the search.

--G

Now for a post that will actually be helpful.

My eight year old wears a Tourmaster Youth Jett jacket and double thick Carhart jeans. Violione or someone just got his kid a jacket and some armored MSR pants (I think). Im gonna look for these pants too.

Call Mary at Motogearoutlet.com and she'll help you with jacket sizing for the kids. Search Cycle Gear or maybe Motogear outlet for pants.

Cyclegear has tons of youth helmets and decent gloves with armor. They also sell kids sized boots.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also looking for gear for my 8 year old son. Have a good helmet already. Can't, in good conscience, go for a ride with me in ATGATT and the kid in nothing. Thanks for the info.

Perhaps I missed something in your question: 'what do you put them in and where do you get it ? ' :blink:
Hi MEM,

Yes, unfortunately you missed the fact that most places simply do not stock anything in kids sizes, and that even most online places don't have anything. I had the same problem looking for gear for my now 8 year old daughter. The worst is boots and pants, jackets and helmets are just a tad easier to find. I'm not taking her on long rides, but that doesn't make any difference with the ATGATT reasoning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a youth jacket at motorcycle-superstore and ordered it yesterday. Still need gloves boots and pants but a least I found the Jacket.... He loves going with me.

I found a youth jacket at motorcycle-superstore and ordered it yesterday. Still need gloves boots and pants but a least I found the Jacket.... He loves going with me.
On the boots, you might just want to get sturdy work boots in kids size, that's the best I could find. For gloves, I ended up with a sturdy version of leather skiing gloves (don't remember the brand, it was through ebay), and with the pants, I ended up using the smallest womens size I could find (also ebay), and made them into a custom fit. Sorry, should have mentioned all of that in my last post.