Purolator Pl14610 Oil Filter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overfly

Reaction score
I cannot find a local auto parts store that handles Purolator oil filters (Auto Zone, etc.) On the internet the only source I can find is Advance Auto and they charge $12.99 each plus shipping$$$$$.

Does anyone know of a better internet source for the Purolator PL14610 oil filter? :agent:

Pep Boys here in Casa Grande has them. About $6, though I have occasionally seen them on sale for $4-$5.

In my neighborhood (atctually, about 30 miles to the nearest city where the stores are) we have Auto Zone and Advanced. Advanced carries Purolator. They have a web site also. Their web price is $5.88 and that sopunds like about what I pay in the store. Probably not the cheapest but may be convenient if you have a store nearby.

I have those hiway pegs that bolt on the case brackets. Is the Purolator the same length as the Yamaha filter? There is not a lot of room between the filter and the foot peg bracket.

I have the hiway pegs too. Yes, the PL 14610 will clear for install and removal. I use a strap wrench to tighten and remove. :)