Question about Motovation Slider quality

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braenen

Reaction score
I am planning a purchase of a 2009 AE. I have read hundreds of posts on various sliders and have tentatively chosen the Motovation brand. I had planned to purchase T-Rex sliders until I saw the post showing the manufactuer's defects. They are now off my list. Before I plunk down my money, I would like to solicit both positive and negative comments on the Motovation sliders.

Fencer, Geezer, brazos parker and Niehart, your comments on https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=108198 were helpful.

War Machine's post https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=100287 gives me confidence that they will fit the '09 model.

In addition, Pierre, eworth and many others have posted useful information already.

I would prefer this topic to not become NERPT'd. Please post information about your experiences with this specific brand of sliders.

I have the motovation sliders on my 07. they look good, havent had to use them,loctite and torque havent come loose just forget about them until they're needed :yahoo:also the bikes are still the same, just a different color. they give you the bolts to install them with w/loctite. dean

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have Motovation sliders and they have done their job well. I had a severe lean in my garage. Didnt even touch the mirrors.

Funny, these sliders have been around here for a long time. You didn't find the info that you seeked in one of these threads about Motivation Sliders?

For the record, many around here have used these & they are good, quality sliders. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to put these on my own bike.

luvtoride: I did read each of those posts and they provided great information. As I said in my first post, I was prepaired to buy the T-Rex sliders until fjrshanta posted this topic: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...c=109493&hl.

I just want to avoid the 'gotcha' moment. From what I have seen, these appear to be the best choice available to me.

Again, thanks to the forum members for patience with the dead horse flogging.

They worked very well in my accident. They didn't catch the road and I ground off about half of the left side puck before it slide into the grass. No damage at all to the fairing, handlebars, or mirrors. I wish I had pictures but I rode it right into the shop. The sliders saved me big bucks! I was also able to purchase them seperately for replacement.

Well I know SkooterG has them on his bike and its been on its back more than a Nevada hooker. I would probably say they are a good sound investment.

Thanks for the input everyone. I am going to order a set.

My loan papers are in the mail now. D&H Cycles will be ordering an '09 for me soon.

They worked very well in my accident. They didn't catch the road and I ground off about half of the left side puck before it slide into the grass. No damage at all to the fairing, handlebars, or mirrors. I wish I had pictures but I rode it right into the shop. The sliders saved me big bucks! I was also able to purchase them seperately for replacement.
How did you do that? I tried but found nothing but frustration.

I have them on my 05, and unfortunately got to test them during the 2008 EOM...

But luckily they worked very well. No damage to the fairing or mirrors. Just a few scratches to the luggage case.

I would recommend them.

Have Motovation sliders & bar ends, ...simple install, no issues so far. One fairly gentle drop [only creeping, but down-side on a gentle slope, & fully loaded] and they did their job well enough that I figure they've bought themselves, so I'm happy.