Question for 06 purchasers...purchase price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajw bikerider

Reaction score
Just got to thinking that since I joined this may the perfect forum to either ease my mind or verify that I got taken.

As I mentioned in previous post, I decided that the 06FJRAE was for me in February. Then discovered that it had to be ordered by December 05. This made me want one even more (quite the sales tactic), so I called around and finally found an 06 in Denver that was not spoken for. The sales manager told me that this was the last AE left. After shouting "all right" into the phone he told me my price was as listed on Yamaha's website....$15,299 +tax. I questioned about dealing and he laughed. I happily accepted with my $500 deposit and here I wait.

Just wanted to know if list price is typical or have others got a deal...I got to know! :eek:

Thanks

AJ

No offense, but you were taken. There are plenty of dealers out there that have AE's on order that will gladly sell to you. I know mine has an unspoken for AE on the was as a matter of fact. I paid $12,060.00 out the door for my A model. I've heard of people paying $500.00 less than that although I would have had to travel out of state.

1501195.jpg
Oh well...I had to know. Got caught up in the moment of finding one.

I paid $12,060.00 out the door for my A model. I've heard of people paying $500.00 less than that although I would have had to travel out of state.
That's a pretty great price on your A. I felt good about my price at 12,300 out the door until I saw you were almost sub-twelve. :cry:

Under the circumstances you did well my son. YOU were dealing from a position of weekness and therefore did the best that you could with the information that you had. Yamaha, says 15,300 and you will pay 15,300 plus tax. Ain't a damn thing wrong with that.

So you could have found a better deal iffin you knew about it? Would it have been in your home town or even in your state for that matter. Then again, iffin you found one for 1,000 dollars less, what about the tack-on's that they could/would have tried to put on tha back-end of tha deal, ie., freight, set-up and all that BS.

In closing, you did not do as well as you could have if you had ordered one last October or so but then again you did not get hosed either.

When are you going to stop smoking?

Your loving father,

Vinni Madog Daniels

Last edited by a moderator:
Think of the thousands you saved by not buying a Beemer or Hog. You WILL like your FJR and everybody knows the silver is way cooler than blue. :p

$11,500 + $200 paperwork and 6% PA sales tax. They basically matched the AL and WV deal.

Just got to thinking that since I joined this may the perfect forum to either ease my mind or verify that I got taken.
As I mentioned in previous post, I decided that the 06FJRAE was for me in February.  Then discovered that it had to be ordered by December 05.  This made me want one even more (quite the sales tactic), so I called around and finally found an 06 in Denver that was not spoken for.  The sales manager told me that this was the last AE left.  After shouting "all right" into the phone he told me my price was as listed on Yamaha's website....$15,299 +tax.  I questioned about dealing and he laughed.  I happily accepted with my $500 deposit and here I wait.

Just wanted to know if list price is typical or have others got a deal...I got to know! :eek:

Thanks

AJ
I agree you are working at a disadvantage after the PDP is over.

So a good price is going to be one that actually gets you a AE ( this year ) and you can live with paying.

Something only you can really answer.

Hope you like the AE.

You know, I did purchase mine early on during the pdp, back when you had a better chance of dealing as the dealers really had to compete. Had you shopped around more you may have been able to get a slightly better price although it's much more difficult once the pdp has ended.

Maybe I should change my original statement to, you could have done better, how's that? :) The big thing is, you've secured a bike for delivery this year. I hope you enjoy it once it does arrive.

Go get your $500 back and wait it out. When they hit the showrooms then start calling around your state for a price. There are always people that are going to cancel out for one reason or another and the dealers get tired of paying floor plan to the bank. Then you have all those people like me that ordered an AE and may end up hating it and start looking to trade for the standard model.