Question on the Skyway sliders for the '06 models

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mindtrip

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying one of the kevlar/carbon fiber weave covers to protect the stator cover in case of a crash; however, I have a pair of the skyway frame sliders installed already, and am wondering if I even need the generator cover. Has anyone with an '06 and Skyway's sliders dropped their bike yet? If so, can you tell me if there was any scratching on the stator cover? Thanks!

What are you, Sean Connery???? ;)

Can't say about Skyway's sliders... I managed to scratch my cover with the moko's on... the scratches are all now nicely covered by the carbon fiber setup from Bike Johnny...

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you, Sean Connery???? ;)
Can't say about Skyway's sliders... I managed to scratch my cover with the moko's on... the scratches are all now nicely covered by the carbon fiber setup from Bike Johnny...
+1, BTDT. None of the sliders or TOGs will protect the alternator housing. It protrudes out past where the slider holds up the bike. OTH, the alternator cover does keep the fairing off the ground... :dribble:

Order the C/F alternator cover.

Simple, kids....don't lay it down. Do like the dot does.....don't lay it down. Hey, we can make a motto out of that, can't we?