Question on Yamaha Touring Windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spud

Reaction score
So I ordered a factory "touring windshield" and installed it. Notice the stock one has an adhesive foam "gasket" on the bottom where it seems to seal it up. The touring windshield does not have this. I've mounted it and went for a ride--seems OK. Is this supposed to be on the new one? Pic is of the original--black is the "gasket" I'm talking about. Thanks for any insight...

FJRWindshield.jpg

Haven't seen a Yamaha touring windshield with the foam that the original has. Mine has a tendency to whistle when I am going slow.

Same situation as you Spud. Installed the touring WS w/o any foam and no problems so far. We're 18 months & 15k miles down the road.

Cheers,

W2

There is no foam gasket - the touring shield (AKA barn door) was engineered for the 2006 - the foam was added in late 2007 IIRC.

I had same problem but I just cut out rubber gasket and it works great. I ordered one from Yahama and it was only a few bucks but my homemade is better anyway.

BGH60