questions 06 FJR A

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just my $.02......

I have now had my 06 FJR for about three weeks. I purchased it on a Friday night and left for a 1200 mile ride the next morning. On the way out to CO from INDY I experienced right wrist soreness and right elbow soreness, because of the tight throttle. no back, neck, butt pain to speak of...

While in Colorado I installed the Brake-a-way throttle locker and to jump to the end of the trip... 3500 miles in all back home, I got off the bike and mowed my 2.5 acres, did my laundry from the trip and felt no pains anywhere what so ever. The brake-a-way cruise control really lets my arm and wrist rest for a while.

I am 6'4" and 299 lbs, the adjustable front and rear shocks are the best thing ever, while out in Colorado I did not do a lot of site seeing, what I did was a lot of canyon carving and riding. The twisties are absolutely great with this bike set up. I was at the Dragon, Memorial Day weekend on my Bandit 1200 and "thought" I had a good time, just because I didn't know there was something this much better. The trade from the Bandit to the FJR was my best move yet.

The windshield has to go... I am tall enough that with the stock shield all the way up, it causes my head to move around more than with the shield down... So until I get the new screen my screen is all the way down.

The stock seat has got me very impressed, with the Bandit I replaced the seat within the first 500 miles. The seat is not at the top of my list with the FJR, as I think it is comfortable.

I have the GIVI top trunk on order, there is just a more options with the GIVI than Yamaha has to offer, and the trunk is larger and looks better.

I love my o6fjr-----for sale 02 roadie midnightstar----there ya go!!!!

just my $.02......
I have now had my 06 FJR for about three weeks. I purchased it on a Friday night and left for a 1200 mile ride the next morning. On the way out to CO from INDY I experienced right wrist soreness and right elbow soreness, because of the tight throttle. no back, neck, butt pain to speak of...

While in Colorado I installed the Brake-a-way throttle locker and to jump to the end of the trip... 3500 miles in all back home, I got off the bike and mowed my 2.5 acres, did my laundry from the trip and felt no pains anywhere what so ever. The brake-a-way cruise control really lets my arm and wrist rest for a while.

I am 6'4" and 299 lbs, the adjustable front and rear shocks are the best thing ever, while out in Colorado I did not do a lot of site seeing, what I did was a lot of canyon carving and riding. The twisties are absolutely great with this bike set up. I was at the Dragon, Memorial Day weekend on my Bandit 1200 and "thought" I had a good time, just because I didn't know there was something this much better. The trade from the Bandit to the FJR was my best move yet.

The windshield has to go... I am tall enough that with the stock shield all the way up, it causes my head to move around more than with the shield down... So until I get the new screen my screen is all the way down.

The stock seat has got me very impressed, with the Bandit I replaced the seat within the first 500 miles. The seat is not at the top of my list with the FJR, as I think it is comfortable.

I have the GIVI top trunk on order, there is just a more options with the GIVI than Yamaha has to offer, and the trunk is larger and looks better.
Thx for the "report". Finally I did find a dealer that has a 06A. All I could do was sit on it and check the reach to handlebars (no test ride yet! :angry: ) Anyway, all the ergo looks good, except the windshield. The stock one can't reach to be mid-nose level even if it were all the way up. I had to estimate the height because the bike wasn't prepped. With all the known improvements, I think I am set! :yahoo: Now all I need a test ride :clapping:

The dealer is willing to take my 06 V-MAX. Will know what he wants to offer tomorrow ... so, I didn't plunk down the deposit yet. With trade in I will save $500+.

just my $.02......

Rock -

After talking with you at Star Days, doing a demo ride, and talking with Al Baker about his new AE he had there, I just had to get the FJR. Picked it up on Sunday and unfortunately, work is getting in my way of going on a long ride. But the short stuff has been a whole lot more fun than my Roadstar/venture (Roadie converted to look like the venture with all Venture parts - fairing, saddlebags and trunk)

You sounded real pleased about your ride out there and it sounds like the breakaway was the perfect add on for you. One question - did you guys leave that "old guy" behind for the whole trip going back or were you kind to him and slowed down enough to let him hang with you??

Bogey