Questions about installing Aux Lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobMercer

Reaction score
I recently purchased a set of Lazer Star LSK 1250 halogen lights from another Forum Member. Today I began the installation process and didn't get very far before I was stumped. I have removed the C & D panels to access the battery, but I'm trying to get to the headlight relay wire that will activate the relay for the aux lights. I've done a great deal of searching on the Forum, but I just don't get an answer about what parts of the tupperware that I need to remove to find that wire. I think that it's a heavy green wire with a blue stripe.

Any guidance about confirming the wire colors and how to get to it would be very much appreciated. While I'm in there I'd like to disable the windshield auto-retract, but that's not my primary concern.

Bob

AuburnFJR,

BINGO!!! Thank you for that link. Took me right to the relay and wiring that I needed to access. Job is done except for figuring out where to stuff all of the wiring and the relay for the aux lights.

This is the kind of thing that makes this Forum so awesome. When a person located at the opposite side of the country can assist me with a problem, I'm impressed.

Thanks again.

Bob

this link may help with locating the relays, and trigger wirres and a method for switching John Dumke's FF50 Aux light install
Where do you get the Gauralds brackets and switch? Thats just what I am looking for!
I've got a set of Top Gun mirror brackets which are a bit more robust than Gaurald's product

PM sent with dibs offered to you before others...18 hr time limit :p

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=135970&st=0&gopid=843263entry843263