Questions About Wild Bill's Highway Foot Pegs Setup

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avigar

Reaction score
I'm looking into adding this setup on my '05. To those that have them, has anyone experienced any fluid leakage or pegs breaking off during normal use? Is there anything in particular I need to be aware of during and after the installation? Also, would the folding extensions be considered a must for extra space and comfort?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking into adding this setup on my '05. To those that have them, has anyone experienced any fluid leakage or pegs breaking off during normal use? Is there anything in particular I need to be aware of during and after the installation? Also, would the folding extensions be considered a must for extra space and comfort?
The first thing I transferred from my '04 to my '06 were the WB highway pegs. I used Kuryakin pegs with the WB brackets. It's pretty brainless installing them. They really only go on one way. No problem with leakage or breakage. When you put them on, remember to align the peg to "fold up" with the lean of the bike. That way, when you forget to take your feet off of them in a hard curve, your foot AND the peg are less likely to break off. :blushsmiley:

Even as short as I am, it's VERY nice during a long ride to be able to reposition my legs/knees.

Don't leave home without 'em. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the original standard setup and it works good. I just did about 3200 miles in 5 days and was glad to have them. I dont have the extra extensions and would be concerened about scraping during hard cornering but I am not sure because I dont have em. I have had mine for about 25000 miles with no issues

Same as mehaffydr with about 35,000 on mine. No leaky.

Just be aware though that with that extra hardware....it might not be pretty in a lay-down. It might tear up the cases more than if they weren't there. Still a good choice IMHO.

No problems on my 06 Wild Bill set up. Kuryakyn extral long pegs and dog legs to lower. It can scrape in the corners, but fold right up. Very happy.. :rolleyes:

I've had no leaking with mine installed for about 20k.

I know Skooter has well over 50k on his (probably closer to 70k) and I don't remember him commenting (whining) about leaks from them. He's also asphalt (and playa) tested them before too. Both times the bike was ridden 800+ miles home.

I have the WB brackets & pegs. I did have a very, very slight bit of oily residue on the right hand side many, many miles ago. I cleaned up the area & snugged up the bolts... no problem since.

I added a set of lomger pegs I had laying around the house. They have a raised area at the end of the peg, so i can "hook" the side of my boot on.