Quik scans

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2007 FJR

Reaction score
Has anybody heard of these and tried these out yet? My link

I am thinking of getting a pair. I don't want to extend the original mirrors out, I just like having an extra view. What do you think?

Absolutely the BEST wide view you can buy. They really let you see beside you and are clear. They also hold up well.

I have one on my FJR now and ordered another set now that I know where I want them. It was a left over from a replacement on my LT when it took a nap one time.

I have the FZ1 mirrors and originally had it on the mirror. I took it off there and attached it to the flat spot right at the top of the mirror mount and bent it abound and it is very, very, nice.

Good people to deal with, while not cheap they do hold up well and the view is to die for. And no need to take up mirror real estate. I will snap a pic if you need it.

They also sell a product for polishing and cleaning called Can-Do that is great stuff too!

Been running Saeng mirrors for at least 6 years now, and other then the bike napping on one, they hold up perfect.

I am thinking of getting a pair. I don't want to extend the original mirrors out, I just like having an extra view. What do you think?
Convex 2" round mirrors at wallmart for a $1.99 works for me. Placed them in the lower right corner on both sides.

Dave

Convex 2" round mirrors at wallmart for a $1.99 works for me. Placed them in the lower right corner on both sides.

Dave
Same here

I had the convex round mirrors on my Concours, but I would like to try the Quick scans on the FJR. LAF if you have a pic or two of where you mounted them I would appreciate it. Thanks

I had the convex round mirrors on my Concours, but I would like to try the Quick scans on the FJR. LAF if you have a pic or two of where you mounted them I would appreciate it. Thanks
I had a set of the Saeng mirrors mounted on the top corners of my windshield on an ST1100 I owned some years ago. They were excellent - much better in traffic than the small convex mirrors that have been mentioned. They cost about twice as much as they should, but they're a well-made product that works really well if you can get past the stratospheric price. If I rode in heavy traffic a lot I would not be without them.

The advantage is that you can check them without dropping your eyes appreciably from looking ahead. This is admittedly more of a problem with the low mounted mirrors on an ST1100 than where the mirrors are on an FJR, but I think they would still be beneficial on an FJR.

Been a bit under but I snapped some pics today of the Saeng's. I also agree they are two times the price they should be. That said there is no other wide view mirror I want to look at. It is clear as a bell and you can distinguish what you are looking at. Also on the back of the mirror there is a indent for the Saeng Domed Logo to go on that I did not put on yet. This particular one is made to go on a windshield so I cut the part that wraps around the windshield. I am not excited about where they are mounted but I will always take function over form when it comes to safety.

saeng1.jpg

saeng.jpg

I like were you have yours mounted and I think they would look really good on the 06 + model in that spot. I think I am sold on a pair. Thanks for posting the pics.

I like were you have yours mounted and I think they would look really good on the 06 + model in that spot. I think I am sold on a pair. Thanks for posting the pics.
No worries on the pics always happy to help others spend their money :)

Seriously though I got my order and got the other side on and life is good. I know they are pretty salty but they do the job with no second guessing at all. I was watching mine today to see when I could see a car in my FZ1 mirrors, compared to the Quick Scans and there is no comparison. As I said previously I like that I can identify a object in them. Also I see the side of my bike clearly and when I travel I use Helen Two Wheels roll bags and straps on the rear seat so I can keep a eye on my straps and such.

Again I just trim the wrap around part off with a utility knife it is only two small hinge areas. I use a hair dryer to heat the paint and dry the alcohol and heat the disk up also and stick it on. Make sure your bike is in gear for this part, but really push and hold it around the edges and on the center. Constant hard pressure is needed to make them stick. That said in over 50,000 miles I never had one come off and I have never mounted them around a shield as they are designed to be, I have always flush mounted them.

Let us all know what you think of them after a ride or two. We all know they are expensive but they do hold up well, except when the bike naps and lays down the wrong way. Oh a can of Can-Do from them is worth it they have a small and large can. Great stuff to wipe a bike down with.

Nothing invested in the company other then they have been good to me and I like the products that I have used over the years.

Last edited by a moderator: