Radar detector

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What state and local jurisdiction was that? You gotta tell us how fast you were traveling and what was the posted limit?

The V1, or any other detector, won't detect when a leo is behind you and clocks you without using radar. At least in CO this is manner of catching speeders is upheld in court. I was pulled over by a leo who was behind me and gave me a ticket w/out using radar. The assistant district atty told me this method is acceptable in court. In my travels here in the US I've never experienced a state like CO where I've encountered the majority of leo's moving instead of parked on the side of the road.

So though I have a very capable unit I have to constantly keep my eyes in the rear view mirror.

When I was traveling thru NM this past weekend I did keep my eyes attentive to the sky for small aircraft.

The V1, or any other detector, won't detect when a leo is behind you and clocks you without using radar. At least in CO this is manner of catching speeders is upheld in court. I was pulled over by a leo who was behind me and gave me a ticket w/out using radar. The assistant district atty told me this method is acceptable in court. In my travels here in the US I've never experienced a state like CO where I've encountered the majority of leo's moving instead of parked on the side of the road.
Since I'm always on the move (driving) and see my share of CHP using radar/lidar, I must also tell you that on my motorcycle travels I see many CHP cars and bikes with their radar "off".

In fact, on my way home today, while "sharing" lanes, I caught a CHP car that didn't have his radar active, even when he lit up the car ahead and one lane to the right.

"Yew gott to noe win tuh hold'em...noe win tuh fold'em..."

One should always keep an eye on their "6".

What state and local jurisdiction was that? You gotta tell us how fast you were traveling and what was the posted limit?

This was in Ohio last Sat (July 4th) I was on my way back from Colorado to NY. 83 in a 65, $135...

I figure the speeds I was traveling going across and coming back the ticket is a wash.