Radar Detector

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnCaged

Reaction score
I was riding twords a CHP and I could see him before my Radar went off?

How far can they normally shoot? He was behind another car, I heard it go off, I looked up, and he was right there.,,

There was nothing to block the signal that i could see.

Thanks.

Uncaged

Uhh.....you ever heard of instant on radar?

In this day and age, don't think there is anything but instant on out there. Now whether some LEOs decide to leave it on all the time is their decision.

Uhh.....you ever heard of instant on radar?
In this day and age, don't think there is anything but instant on out there. Now whether some LEOs decide to leave it on all the time is their decision.
Believe it or not most cops with radar that I come across have it lit up all the time. Kind of implies they're as interested in public safety as much as revenue. That or they're just lazy. Go figger B)

Though I do encounter lots of LEOs running with radar on all the time, I can tell you that the 5 or 6 I encountered on the 101 during the Cal24 rally last weekend were running the instant on as it's supposed to be run. Only activating the radar for specific targets (me). Dodged a bullet a few times.

There were Harleys everwhere. They were like freaking locusts. Must have been some huge rally going on and so there were plenty of LEOs out and about also.

There were Harleys everwhere....so there were plenty of LEOs out and about also.
Bait fish draws sharks.
I think the LEOs leave the radar on WOT when they are on doughnut and pizza runs and then use instant on when they have both hands free ;)

Last edited by a moderator: