radiator cover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jharrison

Reaction score
I just received my Meissner radiator cover today and it didn't come with any installation instructions.

Has anybody put one of these things on? How did you do it?

Krazy Glue????? :blink:

;)

The picture on the Wild Hair Accessory site looks like the cover I have on my '05. If so:

There should be 2 metal blocks with threaded holes. The top of the cover SLIPS over the top of the radiator, then the screws go through the stainless cover (there should be 4 holes drilled along the bottom edge of the cover) and thread into the "blocks". The blocks pinch the bottom flange of the radiator when you tighten the screws and they keep the cover from sliding up to come off the radiator.

Simplicity of design! Mine has been no trouble in over 50K miles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, i was just about ready to use super glue!!

I think the '06 radiator is a little different than the '05, but after i went back out and started looking around i found the bolts that hold on the stock plastic cover. I guess that's why they don't send instructions, it really wasn't that difficult. I just needed to be slightly smarter than the cover i was trying to install.