Radios, Cell/Blue Tooth or Just Forget About It

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wear hearing aids and was in for some repair recently. Oticon now has new bluetooth hearing aids that will sync with your cell phone or other bluetooth device. I don't know how they work but for 3k each they better cook me dinner.

On the other end of the scale I had my $10 cheapo audiovox frs radio in my pocket with the volume turned up and could hear it just fine with my helmet on.

Good luck finding the right combo that works for you.

Did you purchase the 7000-2 or the 7200-2?
Thanks for catching that. Model 7200/2WXVP Purchased. Dyslexic typing above corrected with edit.

Also, for those coming across this thread while researching their own radio questions, the ST1300 owners' boards and Goldwing owners' boards have lots of information on communications issues and much of it is applicable to the FJR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to all who responded. A decision has been made and we're going with the Cobra LI-7200 radios, the Starcom CAB-004 cable and the Starcom PTT-03 Vox-disabling switch. Now it's just waiting for the UPS driver, reading the manual, doing a quick install and ringing out the system. Should be fun. The 7002's ability to run for a full day or more on a charge and the radio's low cost for the features were the deciding factors.
Paging MCML. . . . how has your decision panned out?