Rainy Day In Georgia

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frayne

Reaction score
Rainy day in north Georgia so I thought I'd install my new Vista Cruise cruise control on the ole girl. I had to do a little machining on the Vista handlebar yoke and then son of a bitch I dropped a small screw in between the frame and the gas tank cover. Put the bike on the center stand and tried to wiggle it around and wherever it is, it is, and it ain't gonna be easy to get to I have a feeling. Any thoughts on just leaving it as is or should I do surgery and start pulling stuff apart ?

Somebody just shoot me.

I would go find another screw that works and worry about the other one when you have a good reason to strip it down. :)

Between birds, lizards, bolts, screws and beer caps, I've never had this be an issue.

Don't worry, get a new bolt you'll be fine.

GZ

I've dropped several objects, from the clip-on screw inserts to an allen wrench, into the depths of the fairing and never recovered a thing. Just move on and collect the treasure if you ever need to strip off all the plastic.

Bob