RAM Cup holder on FJR-AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimNtexas

Reaction score
I'd like to mount the RAM cup holder (RAM-B-132-309U) on the left handlebar of my 2008AE, similar to post #14 in this thread.

The AE of course has the clutch control assembly where that ball is attached, so I can't mount exactly as SouthernCruizer did.

What I'm specifically wondering is if there the u-bolt will fit on the angled part of the handlebar so that I could have a similar arrangement.

Or, more generally, if you have an AE, where did you mount your cup holder?

TIA.

I don't have an AE, but I still mount my cup holder on the right side, using the same master cylinder mount he has, on both my FJR & my SV.

Thanks guys. I have a [REDACTED] riser block with RAM ball sockets in the stem, and two on the riser itself. I don't think that's a good place for a cup holder because it would interfere with the gps and view of the instruments. I'd prefer the holder be somewhere on the left grip, since not much goes on there when riding the Advanced Edition FJR.

I think I'll go ahead and try to squeeze a RAM cupholder on the left handlebar, if that doesn't work I'll go with a right side mount as ya'll have suggested.

Thanks.

Thanks guys. I have a [REDACTED] riser block with RAM ball sockets in the stem, and two on the riser itself. I don't think that's a good place for a cup holder because it would interfere with the gps and view of the instruments. I'd prefer the holder be somewhere on the left grip, since not much goes on there when riding the Advanced Edition FJR.

I think I'll go ahead and try to squeeze a RAM cupholder on the left handlebar, if that doesn't work I'll go with a right side mount as ya'll have suggested.

Thanks.
i have a dash shelf on my '06 AE - if you can find one of those, you can drill a hole and put a RAM ball anywhere on it. it helps keep everything under the windscreen as well.