RAM mount on left bar

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Het fjrchick, thanks for the eval. on the J&M, I'm going to ask for that for my B-Day. I'd like to have the cb for the same reasons you indicated. How is the range of the cb and what antenna did you purchase? A local guy that does cb and police radio installs hooked me up w/ a cellular look cb antenna about 12 inches high. I'm going to put it in the rear cowl. I'll post the range when I get the J&Munit installed.

I am considering the Autocom system but want to use a cb rather than radio (everyone I ride with has cb and when I ride alone at least I have the truckers). Anyone have any idea which cb would work best with the Autocom and where could it be purchased and where could I mount it on an fjr. Hopefully some has some suggestions.

Thanks,

BMort

I have a ball that I got as a pre-production sample from Gary Murphy (Murph's) who you would know well if you had a Concours in the recent past.

Gary also aspires to support the FJR community.

The left bar mount simply bothers the heck out of me - doesn't matter if it's the mirror hole mount or the better EZ-504 or RAM-B-309 series that uses the control pod screws to mount the ball (or balls).

I REALLY like the idea of the Euro navigator mount, even though it seems to retail at about US$100 or so. The placement looks excellent and there are no possible issues with hitting the windscreen. It also leaves the sides free for possible other Farkles (though at this time, aside from Cruise control and electrical switches, there's isn't anything I immedediately need those points for - the GMRS radio will be underseat with an external antenna and wired to the Autocom.

To this end, Gary and I have been discussing making up a mount just like Yamaha's for the '06.

Last edited by a moderator: