Ram Mount Tough Claw ! for Gen2 ! good? or useless?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jalingo

Reaction score
Hi guys !!

on my generation 2 im trying to find something that is easy to remove and the ram mount tough claw is look like a good product ?

my question is : can we install it somewhere near by the handlebar ? (as our handle bars are not round and not even the same measurement from one extremity to the other)

thank you guys for the answers !!

I have a tough claw, and it works well for me. I use it to mount my camera to the frame of my NC700, the roll cage on a UTV, and other places. It holds very securely.

What are you planning to mount with it?

You will probably need the larger claw to go around the odd shape of the bars (I think they have 3 sizes?)

I have a Tough Claw for my Gen3 with the bars in the pulled back position. I don't use it on the bars.

IMO... It will mount to the bars inboard of the fluid reservoirs only if you don't have something mounted on the steering stem nut or one of Dave's RamBone mounts. Then there is no room. And even then anything attached to it will obstruct the dash.

I use it to hang a Ram Mount Bottle Holder off the left MC Enterprise side case protector. Sometimes a GoPro.

Thanks guys for the quick answers

Well I'm going to just mount my cell phone for the times that I'm using the google map gps offline

I thought from the biginning the shape of the bar will be problematic

The only reason that I would like to have a claw ,is that is easy to remove cause here in France

You can't put something permanent , somebody will rob it in less than a week or maybe less thank a day

The stem bolt emplacement I thought about it ,is a nice place to hang something , but sadly is super easy to remove

The places are very limited when comes to add something to our bikes

Thanks guys