Ramblings on a milestone

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colin

Reaction score
So this should probably be my 500th post. I'm not nearly the post whore I aspire to be, usually don't have much useful to say. I don't know about the mechanics, the history, farkles, or technology on my FJR (or any bike, for that matter).

I suppose I got into this site back when it got going initially in '05. Mostly a lurker, didn't even know the questions to ask. Back then I didn't even know that tires mattered so much. I just rode it. And I rode it a lot in Europe. Then I moved to Japan. Rode it much less.

But I still seemed to get on it, and got to a milestone on the bike (in km, mind you). Realized this pretty randomly as I was scrolling through the options to reset the mileage counter after filling up and saw this.....

3922937376_840fd34a5f.jpg

Still loving the bike. I keep thinking about getting a new one, or getting a different one. I find it a bit big for Japan, in that you can't really ride as fast here as in Europe, for example. Too easy to get tickets (and tickets I have received, suspension, etc. yay). I don't do too much 2-up, which I think is where the FJR is really great. But it still happens.... GF loves the bike as well and won't let me sell it.

Which doesn't bother me.... it's fun, it's reliable, and does everything I ask it to.

So after a few years, few thousand miles, still going strong out here. Have really enjoyed being a part of this community, it has its moments, but overall a great place for people to enjoy, learn, and become a part of.

Well, enough of useless banter from the far east. Not even with a bunch of pics of food either! hehe. Sorry dudes.

Ride on.

-colin

:assassin:

So this should probably be my 500th post. I'm not nearly the post whore I aspire to be, usually don't have much useful to say. I don't know about the mechanics, the history, farkles, or technology on my FJR (or any bike, for that matter).
I suppose I got into this site back when it got going initially in '05. Mostly a lurker, didn't even know the questions to ask. Back then I didn't even know that tires mattered so much. I just rode it. And I rode it a lot in Europe. Then I moved to Japan. Rode it much less.

But I still seemed to get on it, and got to a milestone on the bike (in km, mind you). Realized this pretty randomly as I was scrolling through the options to reset the mileage counter after filling up and saw this.....

3922937376_840fd34a5f.jpg

Still loving the bike. I keep thinking about getting a new one, or getting a different one. I find it a bit big for Japan, in that you can't really ride as fast here as in Europe, for example. Too easy to get tickets (and tickets I have received, suspension, etc. yay). I don't do too much 2-up, which I think is where the FJR is really great. But it still happens.... GF loves the bike as well and won't let me sell it.

Which doesn't bother me.... it's fun, it's reliable, and does everything I ask it to.

So after a few years, few thousand miles, still going strong out here. Have really enjoyed being a part of this community, it has its moments, but overall a great place for people to enjoy, learn, and become a part of.

Well, enough of useless banter from the far east. Not even with a bunch of pics of food either! hehe. Sorry dudes.

Ride on.

-colin

:assassin:
Just roll over 30.000 miles

I rolled over 150 miles yesterday... I've got awhile to catch up to you guys! I love my '09!

:clapping: Congratulations, Colin! :clapping:

I know you don't post here often but your ride reports (and show/race reports) are a great addition. I, for one, enjoy your contributions and appreciate your limited time and space to ride. Whatever the limitations, you are a true enthusiast!

The magic of lining up 5 with zeros must mean something. Time to buy a lottery ticket? Bet the horse races....on Number 5 to win? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
what's with those weird numbers? Whatcha got against "miles"? LOL

most of the world operates in km.... nothing against miles, but km is much easier to deal with.

anyway, mine was in miles from the UK, kept it in miles here for a while. I didn't know you could change it to km until one day I was trying to set the clock and held some buttons down and presto-chango, kilometers!

:clapping: Congratulations, Colin! :clapping:
I know you don't post here often but your ride reports (and show/race reports) are a great addition. I, for one, enjoy your contributions and appreciate your limited time and space to ride. Whatever the limitations, you are a true enthusiast!

The magic of lining up 5 with zeros must mean something. Time to buy a lottery ticket? Bet the horse races....on Number 5 to win? :rolleyes:

appreciate the message madmike..... i'll keep 'em coming as much as I can! Really, I spend a lot of time on the bikes, but I have a few now so split time. Recently got into the track gig, bought a CBR250RR (1990 or so, MC22 anyway).....playing around with that mostly just now. Looking to do an endurance race next month, then hopefully getting a slightly bigger bike for bigger tracks....

i gotta look into lotto here. I know they have it, i just don't understand it! hehe.....

giddyup!

Awesome!!!

I've owned my '05 for a year now, and have 18,000 miles on it (7000 of those are mine). Every now and then I think about another bike, but invariably it comes down to the fact that I'd need to spend a lot more money to get a slightly better bike than the Feej.

I really want to ride it more here in Vegas, but it's just TOO HOT during the summer. Hopefully in the next cpl of weeks I'll be able to start commuting again.

Also, I'm getting ready to move back to Germany and I hope to be able to put on more miles there than I did here.

I'm not nearly the post whore I aspire to be, usually don't have much useful to say. I don't know about the mechanics, the history, farkles, or....
Never stopped Bust or me. :D

Good going. Congrats on the milestone. Never appologize for stuff like that -- we all do things our own ways. I can tell you are an enthusiast. Thanks for posting.