Reached another FJR Milestone yesterday

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
Check this out:

No big deal?

Well with that odometer reading on my 09 FJR I now have ridden 400,000 miles on FJRs! Back on August 23, 2003 when I picked up my first brand new FJR (RIP Dirty Ol Whore) from the dealership I had no idea what was coming. What a ride it has been. Damn I love this bike.

Wow..............Congrats!

You do know they make other bikes?
smile.png

No big deal?
Well with that odometer reading on my 09 FJR I now have ridden 400,000 miles on FJRs! Back on August 23, 2003 when I picked up my first brand new FJR (RIP Dirty Ol Whore) from the dealership I had no idea what was coming. What a ride it has been. Damn I love this bike.
Congrats !!!

I totally agree with you. The FJR just rocks !

With the miles come wonderful memories. I sit at about Half your miles, and I know the many places that the FJRs have opened up to me. You have done 2 IBRs and traveled the continent over,

you have even made it to Key West (About time) although Deadhorse is STILL waiting. I Hope that 600,000 more miles are in your future!

BUTT... What the heck is Hula Girl doing dancing on your GEN. 2 POS ??? - That's just Wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know you liked the 09 that much.
smile.png

I gotta admit, I scratched my head at the picture. But your followup...wow! Good stuff. Next up, half a mil!
biggrin.png

I gotta admit, I scratched my head at the picture. But your followup...wow! Good stuff. Next up, half a mil!
biggrin.png
Exactly! I kept staring at the odometer wondering what I was missing.

Good job SkooterG. I always assumed that you were the undisputed FJR high mileage king, do we know of anyone with more FJR miles than you?

Check this out:
No big deal?

I would say you are my Hero....but that would be a lie. :)

I admire you for all your travelling, even if Beemerdons does have to give you quarters out of his piggy bank for gas money.

Seriously, you're a good rider and an even better guy.

Next time yer in Wheaton, stop by the Seven Dwarfs, and I'll buy you a shake.

Scooter that s a major milestone for one person on the same Yamaha model regardless of model year. I feel Mother Yamaha should give you a gift or recognition. Hope to see u at Pink's on Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! So you average 40,000 miles/year. What a major accomplishment! I can't even beat that number on my car when I averaged 20,000 miles at the most in the past.

400K miles! Congrats! Did you average 73f ambient temp. over all those miles?
grin.gif