Readable stem caps

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've wondered about the constant pressure sensors on the new C14 - anyone know how that works? - that technology always concerned me for same reasons cited above..

i've wondered about the constant pressure sensors on the new C14 - anyone know how that works? - that technology always concerned me for same reasons cited above..

They have been around a while and I have one friend that loves the system. I had the same experience as Racer did with the caps. I don't recommend them. The best method is still to check the pressure with a gauge and pump, the missing step otherwise is inspecting the tire for nails ,ply separation as well as wear.

A pressure sensing system designed as such monitors pressure in the tire, not outside the valve, so those are different from the caps described in the first post. There is a sensing system inside the tire which wirelessly reports to a control unit on the vehicle. That's as much as I know. Cars with run-flat tires have to have them because the driver may be completely unaware that a tire has deflated, and their life uninflated is very short.