Real world 06 A value

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclemed

Reaction score
Hi All

Anyone know what I can reasonably expect for my 06 with 35,000 miles. Excellent condition and well maintained. Never down. Can consider with or without farkles.

Trying to decide whether to sell or trade on a 13 or 14. Difference in sale vs trade value is then offset by sales tax savings.

Thanks

Without farkles, I'd think you could sell if for about $5,500-6,000. Not sure if that is what you were hoping for. KBB is 4700 for trade-in and 6800 for dealer retail.

Strip it to get the most $$$ out of it.

Next step, figure out how motivated you are. Figure $5k - $6k as the range depending on your local market and how educated the buyer is. Allen ^^^^ has the right idea...

Good luck!

--G

Remember it's just past Christmas and you're in a winter weather state. That will probably cost you something. If this were early May, it would be a whole different story. That 6800 dealer retail ain't never gonna happen in early January in Tennessee. I'd be happy to get 5500 if it were me.

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim:

Without staring at the bike, here they are:

Tall touring Yamaha shield

Fog lights with Gerauld mounts

Lower fog lights with fork mounts

Frame sliders

J&M CB2003

Garmin Zumo 550

Datel Volt Meter

Givi mount with E360, E460 and E52

Spencer seat mod

AudioVox cruise but not working at the moment

DualStar grip heaters with BMW grips

Multiple powerlet sockets with custom brackets

Bar risers

I know there is more. One reason not to trade is that this bike is set up for LD riding the way I like it. Once I repair the few electrical gremlins it is all good. Of course, I can swap most of the above to a 13 and have the best of both worlds.

I might be interested in the cruise control if it is functional, and you decide to de farkle your fjr. Good luck in your decision, a lot of that prob could transfer to the newer bike. But with that many miles that bike has lots of miles left in it.

35,000 miles ain't nothing...keep it and ride the hell out of it. Sounds like you have it set up just the way you like it...so why sell?

Plus...you've already got the best color.
smile.png

Private sellers should never expect to get the full book retail value. That number is for dealers and is higher because, unlike a private seller, a dealership has to stand behind the sale for at least some period of time by state law.

The book Trade-in value is also just a guide, and you may not even be able to get that in a deal for a hot selling bike.

In a good market (ie not winter), in a private sale you would expect to get somewhere between full retail and wholesale (Trade-in). So using the previously presented numbers you are looking at roughly $2000 between Trade value and Retail, you can expect it to cost you ~$1000 for the convenience of trading in vs. selling it yourself. Do not expect to get anything extra in a sale or trade-in for your farkles.

So the question is: How much work do you want to do selling it to recoup $1000?

Toro Joe

That is my quandry. Why mess with what I know works? One reason in the cruise controll. My Audiovox never worked right and the 13/14 has it OEM.

Thanks for everyone's input.

HMMMM...i would think, unless you have the need for something new, you still have a low mileage fjr that has been set up for you, fix the cruise and ride