RealTime Industries’ Reflective Decals

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh, well I'll live without it. Not paying that much for a freakin decal. Maybe i'll put on one of those reflective FJR logos realtime industries makes.

Got my Real Ind. reflectives on the backs of my bags but didn't care for the two thinner strips to go along the raised parts of the bags so I put them on the back bumper of my truck for extra viz at night.

Where did you get the FJR logo for the '09 (below the blinker). I always felt that was a naked spot on my '12, but I haven't been able to find a good logo to put there.
That's the stock emblem that came on the '09' FJR.

EMBLEM 3D3P6-2839B-00-00

You also might check with escapefjrtist just to be sure.
Yup, Pops is correct. Stock "bling" on black beauty!

--G

Got my Real Ind. reflectives on the backs of my bags but didn't care for the two thinner strips to go along the raised parts of the bags so I put them on the back bumper of my truck for extra viz at night.
I've always wondered why they don't require more reflectors on the back of cars. All they need are one on each side, and if your car is parked on the side of the street sometimes that's all they can see of your car until they are on top of it. But, appearance before safety in the car and motorcycle world.

George, are the a decal or a chrome emblem?
The latter...you know how I *like* that chrome!!
tonguesmiley.gif

--G

I had a set on my 07. A few weeks after installing them I went on a week long trip. The ones on the fairing started peeling back on the interstate and heavy rain. I installed them exactly right. I sent an email and pics in and was promised a new set. Unfortunately I had traded the fjr by the time they came in which was a over a month and several reminder emails.

I would love to have another set on the 14 and may give it another try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure and strip any residue from cleaners or polishes before you install them & shouldn't have any problems. Mine have been on for two years and haven't had any issues with them peeling. Don't ride in much rain, but the heat in Phx will make anything fade or fall off (like my Yamaha bag badges, within the first two months).

Had a set on my '08. Made a set for my '15. Need to make another set (managed to get dirt stuck under about every piece).

Found out from another source that 3M does NOT recommend installing any of their reflective vinyl "wet".

Look up hinge method and use your own version of it.

I washed my fairing with dawn to remove wax then wiped it with alcohol. I let the bike sit in the sun for a bit and installed but they peeled off. Probably just a fluke. I have read mostly great feedback from them but thats usually my luck.....

I washed my fairing with dawn to remove wax then wiped it with alcohol. I let the bike sit in the sun for a bit and installed but they peeled off. Probably just a fluke. I have read mostly great feedback from them but thats usually my luck.....
I had em on my 04...stuck like crazy and worked well. About to put them on my 13

When you go to an FJR meet and look at the bikes, every single one is different. Risers, windshields, saddles, lighting, luggage, electronics, you name it--all customized to taste. But the one thing that damn near every FJR sports is a set of Real Time reflectors on the back of the side cases! There's a reason for that.

I was admiring my new '14 the other day and it suddenly hit me: the rear end was naked! Got on line and corrected that problem toot sweet. :)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="juniorfjr" data-cid="1229710" data-time="1431547926"><p>

I think the 08 was a decal and 09 was a chromed plastic emblem. Or was it the other way around.</p></blockquote>

The 08 was a decal. Very easy to remove. Mine were tossed in the trash a while ago. I just recently tossed the tank emblems as well. Now if I could get rid of the FJR logos on the side panels, I'd be happier.

When you go to an FJR meet and look at the bikes, every single one is different. Risers, windshields, saddles, lighting, luggage, electronics, you name it--all customized to taste. But the one thing that damn near every FJR sports is a set of Real Time reflectors on the back of the side cases! There's a reason for that.
I was admiring my new '14 the other day and it suddenly hit me: the rear end was naked! Got on line and corrected that problem toot sweet.
smile.png
Echoing SacMike. One of the first things I added to my new [to me] '15 last summer. Just don't look right w/o the bag reflectors!

--G

Thanks for this thread. One of my bags had the reflective tape and the other didn't. I just ordered a pair so they'll match. :D

Last edited by a moderator: