Rear Brake paed disintegrated

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if I'd go with new piston, seals, pads, and clips, or just chunk it all and do a whole caliper assembly.Rotor needs to be measured every which way from Sunday, too! Thickness, runout, warpage . . . . .
You grew up on a farm huh. Work with whach'ya got.
Look at the caliper and piston, they are chowed in IMO. The piston has a lot of meat missing, it's not flat any more due to partial piston radius contact to the rotor, the heating of that piston to discoloration can't be good. The caliper is chowed too, meat missing, not flat contact to pad, etc. Don't take a chance with critical parts that may save your life. Maybe get a used brake caliper with piston from ebay or something, and get new pads etc. Replace the rotor too, again maybe go used. I'd even replace the brake line just to be sure no contamination got back in there.

Just sayin' ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay time to "call the ball here" Bud yer a feckin troll Peeps gave you a mile and ya still keep fukin..

Busts advice? go be a fuckin dumb shit in a forum where repeated limp dik questions call on a thesaurus to initiate a simple response to dumb **** questions ...........

Oh shit.. did my response make a lick of sense?

I rest me case..

:jester:

Okay time to "call the ball here" Bud yer a feckin troll Peeps gave you a mile and ya still keep fukin..
Busts advice? go be a fuckin dumb shit in a forum where repeated limp dik questions call on a thesaurus to initiate a simple response to dumb **** questions ...........

Oh shit.. did my response make a lick of sense?

I rest me case..

:jester:
Wow.... :dribble:

Just, just.....WOW!

:blink: :blink:

PWI, Bust?

Maybe not, you spelled 'thesaurus' right. :p

As for my suggestion, my choice was new everything except caliper (that was the list) or the whole assembly. I wasn't listing pieces that might be replaced, I was listing pieces that better be replaced. the only choice is does the caliper itself stay, and that's only if it cleans up real good.

Last edited by a moderator: