Rear fender extender

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BILL P

Reaction score
A while back they were aval. and now are out of stock.

Does anyone have a source for the genII Rear Fender extender?

Bill P

3134530705_7e90ab0986.jpg

You can find them on a UK owners site that seems to sell to people who pay a yearly membership fee. I spotted it recently so it is around but I followed a series of links to get ther and can't seem to find it now. I have no other info on the sit. If I do see it again I'll post it but don't give up in the mean time. Good luck.

Kasey is using a car mud flap that doesn't look too bad, as I recall.

-worney

Here's mine.

Cost me all of about $4 for the wastebasket (enough plastic material to make 2, and a few minutes to cut out and install.

I said that didn't know how I would like it when I originally installed it.

I now keep it on there year round. :thumbsup:

Here's mine. Stopped by Staples and bought a $5 wastebasket. One hour later, with some tin snips and a file and voila.

PA311444.JPG

PA311445.JPG

PA311446.JPG

PA311452.JPG

This will be a nice add on with the coming winter rain and deicer.

Thanks to Fred W for the tip regarding the wastebasket.

Keep Going!

Here's mine. Stopped by Staples and bought a $5 wastebasket. One hour later, with some tin snips and a file and voila.

-----image links removed to stop unnecessary bandwidth usage------

Keep Going!
I like what you have done! Nice job :clapping:

-worney

PA311452.JPG

Keep Going!

Oh very nice!!

I never thought to use the side of the basket. The added curves at the sides and the little flip at the bottom make it look like it was designed to be a mudflap!!

Way to improve on the original design. :thumbsup:

So I guess I now have three more splash guards left in that one wastebasket. ;)

:p

Staples. NERDS of a feather... I had to relocate the reflector upward due to interference from the trailer's hitch.

2011-11-01_08-47-41_387.jpg

You can find them on a UK owners site that seems to sell to people who pay a yearly membership fee. I spotted it recently so it is around but I followed a series of links to get ther and can't seem to find it now. I have no other info on the sit. If I do see it again I'll post it but don't give up in the mean time. Good luck.

-worney
Was this (click me) what you had in mind ;)

Don

-worney

Don
Wow... A little pricey when you add up membership, the part, shipping and $$ exchange.
blink.gif

Staples is looking better and better!
wink.gif

I made my first rear fenda extenda out of a plastic office trash can. It cracked and fell off somewhere in Utah after a very high speed run (on a closed course ;) ). I replaced it with one made from more durable plastic that I cut from a circuit board case that I happened to have lying around. That one has lasted for years and many miles.

-worney

Don
Wow... A little pricey when you add up membership, the part, shipping and $$ exchange.
blink.gif

Staples is looking better and better!
wink.gif
Those are the exact ones. I would point out Jeff that I never said that they were cheap... I have however said that I was. :p