rear foot pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjr newbie

Reaction score
O K let me first say I probably shouldn't be working on anything as my problem will verify, but, had to take rear peg off to get home after breaking off front peg{clutch lever side}. Didn't say I couldn't drag just not a mechanic. I have all the parts but can:t seem to get all positioned to get it to lock into place in the up position.

Any advise.

Thanks in advance for helping the inept.

[email protected]

Only the rear pegs lock while up, not the fronts. If you removed the rear as a unit, it shouldn't need any parts management.

Thanks, I lost the small ball bearing when I took it apart. That is the part that locks it.

Again Thanks.

Thanks, I found one of them in the driveway. Didn't hear it fall or hit the concrete. Thanks for the parts diagram also.

Steve

Dude, you BROKE OFF the peg? And didn't crash the bike? Sounds like an interesting story.

[And don't worry about being the only inept guy around here; I never do anything serious on my bike -- except ride.]

Haha...I broke my right side front peg one time too, at a gas station drop, at the beginning of a ride. Had to ride the 13 miles home with no peg. Didn't know the rears would fit the fronts. Big ass dummy.

If I would have known those pegs were interchangeable, I may have ridden that day instead of staying home pissed off. Lol...that was probably 2008.

Haha...I broke my right side front peg one time too, at a gas station drop, at the beginning of a ride. Had to ride the 13 miles home with no peg. Didn't know the rears would fit the fronts. Big ass dummy.
If I would have known those pegs were interchangeable, I may have ridden that day instead of staying home pissed off. Lol...that was probably 2008.
So you were a dumb ass long before it was popular here? Nice.. :****: