Recommendations For Risers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJ-Ridin

Reaction score
Any suggestions on a quality pair of risers that will help me sit up straighter I'm 5'6 172lbs with a 2004 abs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, Helibar makes an excellent riser, I believe it is less than $100. I was just on that site looking at them. Be glad you are not buying for a Gen II, you replace the whole triple clamp for $339.00. Yours are much easier and cheaper.

Sure, Helibar makes an excellent riser, I believe it is less than $100. I was just on that site looking at them. Be glad you are not buying for a Gen II, you replace the whole triple clamp for $339.00. Yours are much easier and cheaper.
Not true...unless you want to. I have 1" risers on my 06

Actually, it costs much more than that to do it right. You replace the whole bike with a superior Gen 1 machine.

Gary

darksider #44

Not true...unless you want to. I have 1" risers on my 06

I don't doubt you sir, but they are not listed on the Helibar website. I just looked at Genmar to see what they build and they offer a 1" up, 1/2" back riser block for $89.95 for the Gen II. I will eat a steaming pile of dogshit before I give any more of my money to Motorcycle Larry so I did not look at his site. I am not sure we need them anyway, I moved the bars to the rear most position today and Dad said it was perfect. I was just looking at other options in case he was not happy. He has been riding with it in the center position since '07 so I don't think we need anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, it costs much more than that to do it right. You replace the whole bike with a superior Gen 1 machine.

Gary

darksider #44
That whole Gen I vs. Gen II thing is so funny. On one hand you guys complain because all that changes year to year is the color. Then you complain because they actually did make fundamental changes. I am just happy to have the opportunity to deal with the FJR in either of its forms. And I am especially happy to deal with all of you cheerful and happy forum members. :rolleyes: