recommendations for spark plugs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rock Auto sells the CR8E's for $3.50 ea. and the CR8EIX for $6.50 ea. So if you decide to take the risk and leave the iridiums in for 50k miles you'll save a whopping $2 (50 cents per cylinder).
Thanks Fred.

My anal-compulsive dickness requires me to point out that the difference between $3.50 and $6.50 is $3, not $2.

Your anal compulsive dickness did not do the math correctly. The idea was that you can either replace the standard plugs twice (@ 25k mile intervals) in 50k miles (2 x $3.50 = $7), or you could risk running the iridium plugs for the entire 50k miles for $6.50 each. If you did the latter you would have an upside tremendous savings of 50 cents per cylinder or $2 over 50k miles by running the iridiums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rock Auto sells the CR8E's for $3.50 ea. and the CR8EIX for $6.50 ea. So if you decide to take the risk and leave the iridiums in for 50k miles you'll save a whopping $2 (50 cents per cylinder).
Thanks Fred.

My anal-compulsive dickness requires me to point out that the difference between $3.50 and $6.50 is $3, not $2.

Your anal compulsive dickness did not do the math correctly. The idea was that you can either replace the standard plugs twice (@ 25k mile intervals) in 50k miles (2 x $3.50 = $7), or you could risk running the iridium plugs for the entire 50k miles for $6.50 each. If you did the latter you would have an upside tremendous savings of 50 cents per cylinder or $2 over 50k miles by running the iridiums.
Ahh, I see. I thought we were talking about leaving either set of four plugs in there for 50.000 miles.

My anal-compulsive dickness is now satisfied. Thank you.