Recommended Gear for "Style" and Protection for Women

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love my Olympia mesh jacket. Cool enough on hot days but warm enough for cool days, with the waterproof, windproof liner. Armor is substantial but not in the way when wearing the jacket. Can take out the armor and machine wash the jacket. (Yes, us girls like to wear CLEAN motorcycle gear).
Ditto - I've had my mesh jacket three years and love it too. The liner is well-finished as a separate jacket which eliminates packing something warm for those cool evenings around the campsite, for eg. The mesh pants are great too but for the best fit try the pants on without the liner in as the pants are generous sizing. I've washed the gear many times and they show no signs of wearing out. (Yes us girls like to wear CLEAN motorcycle gear.)

Kasey

Hi folks,
I don't see many sport touring bikes around here at all -- everything is either a cruiser or sport bike. What kind of gear looks "right" for the FJR for women, if the criteria are: it's got to be protective, it's got to be made for women for a good fit, and it's got to look good?

Do you all wear full race suits for the most protection, or can you get good protection from separate pants/jackets?

I'm sold on my Sidi B-2 boots -- had a small tree limb (about 1" in diameter) fly off a logging truck and javelin my left ankle on the protective ankle cup. Paid for themselves right then and there.

We're new to the FJR world, and my wife has lost a bunch of weight, so we're selling off all her old jackets, and I want to get her some gear that will offer the most protection. However, she is not interested in looking like the Marshmallow Man (like she does when she wears my Tour Master Venture pants). Chaps may look good, but I don't see much in the way of armor in them.

Is something like the Femotto or similar race suit out of place on a group ride? I've only done one big group ride -- a toy run last Christmas -- and was the only non-cruiser out there.

'fooz

You could check out "New enough" they sell new stuff at reasonable prices... but who am I to talk?... I wore my Fox Creek black leather cruiser jacket on my FJR... they also make ladies sport style jackets, I have a bright blue/silver mesh jacket for the hot Texas days...goes nicely with my red Harley and yellow/red Shoei full face...

and about 7 pairs of boots...but who's counting? <G>

forget the pretty... get what fits and feels comfortable ON THE BIKE....

yes I have chaps, leather pants, and wear blue jeans.. oops!

although I do have one PINK Harley silk scarf... tie it over my face when it's raining... keeps the faceshield from fogging up.

https://www.newenough.com/

https://www.foxcreekleather.com/

Both places have great customer service.

mary

PS..BIG group rides suck .... many folks don't have any idea what they're doing out there...Ride Safe!

Thanks to everyone for their replies! I found Scorpion makes some good looking gear for women, but wasn't clear about what level of armor was in them. I emailed Scorpion and got a quick reply indicating the Haley leather pants have CE-rated armor in both knees and hips. So we went with the Scorpion Elektra jacket and Hailey pants. The jacket has CE armor in the elbows and shoulders, but non-CE-rated foam pad in the back protector compartment. I need to find out if there is an after-market CE-rated protector that will fit in there.

We took the advice from some reviews on the pants and ordered one size up for the pants, and regular size for the jacket and it all seems to fit really well. The jacket has an insulated liner, but the pants do not.

The gear was on closeout at revzilla, but we were taking a chance on the sizing because no returns were allowed. Thankfully, we got the sizing right! Revzilla was fast on the shipment too.

Also found a Kilimanjaro 5.0 jacket on closeout for $109 at NewEnough! This jacket ought to be awesome when we ride in the winter. I've bought about all my gear from NewEnough or Motorcycle-Superstore and have had excellent service from them. The people at NewEnough have always been helpful.

Icon_Womens_Kitty_Chaps_White_zoom.jpg

Icon_Womens_Kitty_Jacket_White_detail.jpg

338.JPG