REKLUSE Clutch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want a Rekluse Clutch Kit

• Total voters

blufjr

blufjr
Reaction score
Please check it out. Everything about this clutch modification gets me excited. They don't make one for street bikes unless you ride your dual sport on the street. They make them for KTM's of the 990 size but all other bikes are usually 450 and less. I would like to see them making them for the FJR. :)

https://www.rekluse.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I rode a buddy's Husky 510 with one once and wasn't excited about it. I guess I'm just too much of a clutch guy.

I don't have a problem flaming out or stalling the FJR so I fail to see the benefit?

They make'em for lots of dirtbikes. Dnya ring is also a very popular option. I don't think I would want one for the FJR though. The advantage of the dnyaring over the rekluse is you can still bump start the motorcyle.

Had a Rekluse Pro on my KTM 200 XC-W woods bike. Felt like I was cheating. Went back to a dirt bike with a stock clutch. Don't see any need for this type of clutch on a modern street bike.

If you race in the woods, you will almost certainly be faster with a Rekluse. My friend has the identical bike to mine and he has one. When you are in the rough stuff, and tight woods, they make riding a lot simpler. That's for sure. I don't ride competitively, but if I did I'd have one. For now, running the clutch is part of the fun of riding.

I already have an automatic clutch on my FJR.

It's hard wired between my brain stem and my left hand. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I couldn't tell you the last time I actually thought about pulling in the clutch lever. It just happens. Like magic!! ;)

If you race in the woods, you will almost certainly be faster with a Rekluse. My friend has the identical bike to mine and he has one. When you are in the rough stuff, and tight woods, they make riding a lot simpler. That's for sure. I don't ride competitively, but if I did I'd have one. For now, running the clutch is part of the fun of riding.
The Rekluse is certainly riding a wave of popularity, currently.

These kinds of things come-and-go -- given the opportunity to view over-time.

Back-in-the-day, 2-stroke short-track racers had little-to-no compression braking. When the throttle was shut off they continued on -- like free-wheeling. Then, some racer installed a compression release in the cylinder head controlled by a cable and a trigger on the h/bar.

Wow, he could slow at the end of the staight and could leave the throttle open longer on the straight. Pretty soon, all 2-stroke racers had to have a compression release.

Then, one day (years? later), a guy showed-up without a compression release -- and, while all the racers were pulling their compression releases at the end of the straight and slowing, he went right by and managed to negotiate the turn at higher speeds.

End of techno-improvement/rider aid... :blink:

Timed right, the FJR shifts just fine without using the clutch, but I won't try it going into 1st!

I had one on a KTM 400EXC..

I could stop and laugh at buddies stuck on slick nasty uphill wet root covered crap.....

And ride on....

I can't explain it, but it was like traction control.

Cain't see any need for it on a street bike tho....

You gonna give us a link or are we supposed to Google it?
OK, I see you're a lazy layabout so...

Let me Google that for you

I have a Recluse Pro in my WR450F and I have an AE so I'm already good to go!!
Why are you calling me names?

I added the link to the original post (re edit) so folks wouldn't have to ask the same question exskibum did if they were new to the thread. Sorry I didn't notify you or the others.

You gonna give us a link or are we supposed to Google it?
OK, I see you're a lazy layabout so...

Let me Google that for you

I have a Recluse Pro in my WR450F and I have an AE so I'm already good to go!!
Why are you calling me names?

I added the link to the original post (re edit) so folks wouldn't have to ask the same question exskibum did if they were new to the thread. Sorry I didn't notify you or the others.
I'm not sure he was. It's the internet at its best as far as creating misunderstandings.

You and I were here at the beginning of the thread and I was funnin' you for polling the question without any linked subject matter, an obvious oversight. You promptly fixed that and I read about the Rekluse clutch almost as quickly from your link.

That probably wasn't so apparent to someone who came upon the thread 17 posts later. It's all good.