Remote Control my Music

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patriot

Isabella is Lazarus
Reaction score
Currently, I run a cheap, old refurb mp3 that I dont care if it gets broke or lost

it's controls are clicky switch, not touch buttons

sitting in the clear map case on top of tankbag works pretty well, but I want easy volume control.

is there an inexpensive music device with a remote that can mount on the bars and be operated well with gloved fingers ???

TIA

Radio Shack has an inline volume control for ear buds that I use. Works well and will clip to a shirt pocket or what have you. ~Harvey

Currently, I run a cheap, old refurb mp3 that I dont care if it gets broke or lost

it's controls are clicky switch, not touch buttons

sitting in the clear map case on top of tankbag works pretty well, but I want easy volume control.

is there an inexpensive music device with a remote that can mount on the bars and be operated well with gloved fingers ???

TIA

You don't have room for anything else. :lol:

I use an ampli rider click here . I have my Zumo 550 "wired" to it, as well as my Radar Detector. Everything comes through my ear buds. Music, Nav prompts, and RD warnings. I mounted the volume control where the factory heated grips control would be. Handy there.

I keep my iPod in my inside breast pocket of my coat and use a Scosche remote Velcroed to my tank bag. It's been working well for me for about four years. Clicky

I use the ijet as well. Velcroed it to the top of the clutch reservoir, ipod in the pocket, runs thru my scala rider. Works great.

Question: Can you charge the iPod when the iJet is connected to the dock port?

My old iPod still works great, but it doesn't hold a charge worth a damn anymore.

Having it constantly charging in a tank bag would make it more useful.

You can't have it charging with the ijet setup I run. I have the nano5 so I had to buy an extender piece as well, bit of a pita but still works well. Gives me enough music for the length of rides I go on.

Hey Allrider...in your avatar it looks like you've got some LEDs for running lights...can you post a few snap shits for us? Thank you! :yahoo:

Forget the inline remote. Apple has licensed out their technology and you can skip tracks, pause, and adjust volume all with a simple 3 button in-line device that is attached to one of the earpiece lines and is perfect spot just outside of the helmet above the collar. Only way to go, fairly easy to work even with insulated gloves.

I like both the Apple in-ear phones and also the Sony in-ear with the remote. Both are small and slide under helmet, a silk liner helps. Both work almost as well as earplugs also.

You will need an ipod obviously. I like the touch models because they're a mini-computer, hd video, camera, and 30hrs of playing music battery life - $200. Just make a playlist and you're set for a ride, no need for anything attached to the bike, the ipod is in your chest pocket and you are good to go.

220420545.jpg

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+Ear+Bud+Headphones+-+Black/9495263.p?id=1218114248887&skuId=9495263

Last edited by a moderator:
I try to avoid apple and dont want to put music on my iPhone. Priced ipods and nano 4th gen refurb is $100 plus $25 ijet. J&M unit is headphones...the ipod would be separated.

I dont like iTunes either and purchase music from amazon mp3 and like MS Media wherer all my tunes are other than the 10 on my iPhone.

I run a cheap refurb mp3 worth $35 now in the top map case of my tank bag.

I can look down and click to next track.

I have an amplirider with volume knob. It's in the black pouch. J&M unit is the input...Zumo, MPe, and RD output to it.

Black knob with white stripe at far right is volume control.

(Inside knob with blue stripe is dimmer control for clearwater led running lights.)

I want a remote on my clutch clamp with no "have to look finger" access.

I was hoping for a cheap setup ($75-$100) where the device is protected inside the tank bag with full control of tracks & volume...picking artists or generes would be a big selling point.

I consider my mp3's disposable, but have to be careful they are charged daily and bring a spare if riding 18hr days or somwthing. ready for a plug in power or charging at all times.

hope ya'll keep steering me along...Im fiscally challenged living off fixed disability my fambly of 4...so I research to death till feel I need to move on a purchase.

6248080787_ac94050214_z.jpg

old 2 yr pic with mp3

3708483364_2db01fa377_z.jpg

Please excuse me if this is stupid, I don't have one so maybe there is a reason no one has mentioned it. Why not just put your music on your Zumo? It has a great big screen for controls and you are probably listening to it already.

Just a thought.

-worney

Please excuse me if this is stupid, I don't have one so maybe there is a reason no one has mentioned it. Why not just put your music on your Zumo? It has a great big screen for controls and you are probably listening to it already.

Just a thought.

-worney
low fidelity...need the memory (550 only takes 2gb card) for data

good question though...no stupid questions cept ones not asked

ride safe,

Mike in Nawlins'

that's one of the biggest misconceptions is that you have to purchase songs from itunes to put music on an iphone or ipod. It's no different than any other mp3 player, rip your songs on your computer or download them from anywhere and put them on it. You can get a cheap ipod used for $100 and it will have anywhere from 32-250gb of storage on it.