Removing the windscreen from an '06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you both for the help.

I found the allen heads screws and now the new CalSci tall I just received is installed.

First impressions are good. I'm 6-0 and I can see over it just fine at low position, and it totally covers at high. I'll try it out in the next few days.

Maybe you can help me out here. I'm 6'3" and am waiting for the X-Tall version (+4.5"). If you are 6'0", can you tell me with the windshield all the way up if I would be able to see over the Tall version that you have? Basically, where does it come to on you in the full up position. Also, could you tell me your inseam length?

Thanks for your assistance!

I'm 6'3" as well and installed the CeeBailey +6 last night and can see over it in a straight line...might have preferred the +4 but will live with the one that's paid for...

Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to hold out until beginning of next week for the Cal-Sci X-Tall. I've got a trip in 2 weeks so my time is running out. I contemplated the Cee Bailey as well. If you don't mind, let me know your thoughts on it.
Took a nice long ride this past weekend...the CeeBailey +6 at its highest point provides a calm and quiet albeit much warmer environment, as you get no air movement with the shield in the upper position...the quality of the CeeBailey is much higher than the stock windshield...at the lowest level, the shield is just a little to tall...only air felt was in the neck and shoulder areas...probably should have gone with a +4 but was convinced by a fella named Tom at CeeBailey that a +6 was the way to go for my height...with the 100+ temps we have had here in West Texas lately may drive me to reinstalling the stock shield just to get some more air...
Thanks to all for your input. It has all helped me in my decision, or lack of. I'm still waiting for the X-Tall but no news yet. I may be making my trip with the stock shield...... :(

Took a nice long ride this past weekend...the CeeBailey +6 at its highest point provides a calm and quiet albeit much warmer environment, as you get no air movement with the shield in the upper position...the quality of the CeeBailey is much higher than the stock windshield...at the lowest level, the shield is just a little to tall...only air felt was in the neck and shoulder areas...probably should have gone with a +4 but was convinced by a fella named Tom at CeeBailey that a +6 was the way to go for my height...with the 100+ temps we have had here in West Texas lately may drive me to reinstalling the stock shield just to get some more air...
Is your seat in the high or low position?

Ken C

Latest posts