Renton Motorcycles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew231506

0 Posts Per Day
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for a dealer to have my bike delivered to for a trip I'm planning next year. I would like to start in Seattle and need to call a dealership to see if they would mind me having the FJR delivered there and hold it a day or so until i arrive. If anyone knows some dealers in the area that they would recommend that would be great.

Thanks!

Drew

Drew,

I have been there quite a few times and they have done all of the service on my FJR. I haven't really worked with the sales dept because they wouldn't let me test ride an FJR when I was looking. I assume that you will be dealing mainly with their service dept anyway and they have been very good to me. They have a large enclosed area that will allow them to store your FJR safely. I wouldn't have any problems recommending them.

I have dealt with some other dealers in the area including I-90 Motorsports and Lynnwood Motoplex and I haven't been impressed with them.

Eric

Hello,
I am looking for a dealer to have my bike delivered to for a trip I'm planning next year. I would like to start in Seattle and need to call a dealership to see if they would mind me having the FJR delivered there and hold it a day or so until i arrive. If anyone knows some dealers in the area that they would recommend that would be great.

Thanks!

Drew

What about shipping your FJR to a forum member for safekeeping? :huh:

Lot's of us here in the PacNorthWest.... Ignacio and I are about 2 1/2 hours from Seattle.

If you absolutely need to be in Seattle, click on: https://fjrforum.com/forum/map.html and zoom in close to the Seattle-metro area... there's a grunch of us here.

Just an idea.... ;)

If you really want/need to ship to a dealer and Seattle isn't an absolute necessity, you can trust Sunnyside to take care of your baby.... and when you come pick it up, they'll provide you with a killer, back-roads route through the Cascades and on to Seattle. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seattle is not a necessity...there just happens to be a large airport there. Seattle was just the starting point of a trip down the west coast. I looked up sunnyside...its 3 hours or so from the airport. I could rent a car and do that I supposed. Unless there is a closer airport i could fly into from Washington dc. I'll look into it. I thought about asking a member...and i may but i wouldn't want to bother anybody if i don’t have to.

Thanks for the suggestions though!!

I picked up my FJR from Renton MC last august - haven't had a reason to complain through 8K mi. Generally pretty helpful and knowledgeable staff.

I'm 10 minutes from SeaTac airport and have indoor space for an extra bike. If the timing works,(I'm gone a lot during riding season), I could hold it and pick you up at the airport.

Phil Johnson

Des Moines, WA

Drew,

Any word on the trip dates?

I also have garage space with room for another bike. Warm, dry and safe. No charge (I'm already paying for the house, so it doesn't matter if another bike is in it). I'm also about 30 minutes North of SeaTac.

Let us know what your plans are.

Doug

HI Everybody,

We are planning on arriving in Seattle on June 14th or 15th. I still have to nail down the details with the shipping company to see what kind of time frame they have. I'm going to start the process soon because I think the shippers need about 2 months notice. I appreciate all of your offers and may take you up on it if the Renton Cycles place doesn't work out.

Thanks again!

HI Everybody,
We are planning on arriving in Seattle on June 14th or 15th. I still have to nail down the details with the shipping company to see what kind of time frame they have. I'm going to start the process soon because I think the shippers need about 2 months notice. I appreciate all of your offers and may take you up on it if the Renton Cycles place doesn't work out.

Thanks again!
Late post here but I've had good experiences with RMC. Bought both of my bikes there.

HI Everybody,

Thanks again!
Late post here but I've had good experiences with RMC. Bought both of my bikes there.
Khazmo, their honeymoon trip has begun--Clickity-clickity!